A selection of articles related to origins.
Original articles from our library related to the Origins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Origins.
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- What is the History of Reiki?
- Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Ancient Origins The Development of Usui Reiki Dr. Mikao Usui Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Hawayo Takata Mrs. Takata Talks about Reiki (transcript) Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Reiki In Japan...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Origins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Origins books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Gavin Hood Looks Back on 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine': “I Own the Mistakes I Made”
- The buzz leading up to X-Men Origins: Wolverine was toxic. Reports of huge creative differences didn't help, but things got worse when the film leaked online. After a rocky production, it wasn't very surprising when the film turned out to be a major ...
- ASU Origins Project: Johnny Depp to talk 'madness,' method acting at ASU Gammage
- "Finding the Creativity in Madness" is part of ASU's Origins Project dialogue series and will focus on "the humanity of madness, revealing Depp's experience and creative method as an actor...
- Origins: Abbey Bike Tools and the cassette lockring tool that started it all
- The idea of a dual-sided cassette lockring tool with an integrated handle and a hollow centre big enough to fit over quick-release nuts seems obvious enough today but that's only because of Jason Quade.
- Movie Rights to FBI Origins Story Sell for $5 Million to Imperative Entertainment
- The bid by Imperative, formed in 2014 by Tim Kring (“Heroes”) and Bradley Thomas, was one of the highest prices paid for movie rights in recent memory. Rival bids were made by Warner Bros.
- The Latest in Beijing Street Food Claims New Zealand Origins with its Sweet
- The cart's wordy signage makes repeated claims of the snack's international origin. “We imported this cheese toast from New Zealand, it tastes pure New Zealand. We didn't invent this, but introduce this from New Zealand.