A selection of articles related to orion constellation.
Original articles from our library related to the Orion Constellation. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Orion Constellation.
- Sothis was the goddess personifying the dog-star Sirius, the bright appearance of which in the July dawn sky announced the annual flooding of the Nile. The Egyptian name of the goddess was "Sopdet", from which came the Greek Sothis, normally used in...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- ASTRONICA: Blessing or Nightmare for Astrology?
- If NASA's engineers only had eleventh-century astronomy knowledge, do you think they could have landed the "Rover" on Mars? If modern day astrophysicists could only make use of ancient Assyrian astronomy, do you think they would have been able to...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Orion Constellation is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Orion Constellation books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Photograph shows Sirius, Orion and stars in Taurus constellation reflected in pond
- A stunning photograph of stars including the Orion constellation both in the sky and reflected in a completely still pond has been revealed. The beautiful photograph shows the night sky as seen in freezing conditions in the north of England. Amateur ...
- Carolina Skies: Orion Constellation
- We'll be talking about what you can spot in the night sky, from constellations and planets to nebulas and galaxies. Our host is Byron Mumaw, president of the Carolina Skies Astronomy Club.
- That's so Browns: Siri equates FirstEnergy stadium to 'sadness'
- In Cleveland, if you ask Siri -- Apple's personal voice assistant -- the question "Where is sadness?" -- it responds with this photo directing people to FirstEnergy Stadium, home of the Browns.
- Orion the Hunter: Spot Beloved Constellation Overhead Now
- The Orion constellation has a very striking pattern in its stars. Four bright stars mark the Hunter's shoulders and knees: Betelgeuse and Bellatrix are his shoulders and Saiph and Rigel are his knees.
- Astrophoto: Staring Down the Horns of the Bull
- The photo above, taken by master astrophotographer Rogelio Bernal Andreo, shows a pretty nice-size chunk of the sky. It's about 5° across (10 times wider than the full Moon) and shows the lower part of Taurus, the bull.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Orion Constellation Topics
Related searchessacred magick
tora tora tora plot
body cavity formation
part of speech
landing craft utility lcu mk10 class