Orkney Islands Economy
A selection of articles related to orkney islands economy.
Original articles from our library related to the Orkney Islands Economy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Orkney Islands Economy.
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- --> Tuberculinum is made of pus from a tubercular abscess. Although this does not sound very friendly it is a great and important medicine. It is used when there is a history of tuberculosis in the family, in the first stadium of tuberculosis in a patient,...
Remedies >> Remedies T
- St. Patrick
- The arrival in Antrim of a young Caledonian slave named Succat would hardly seem worthy of historical note, but that slave became St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland and the person responsible for opening the land to Christianity. Patrick began by converting...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Planet: the Sun Sign: Leo Day: Sunday In most cultures gold is associated with riches, rulership and truth. We are still told that paper money is backed (?) by gold. Here we see the analogy: gold forms the center of the economy, the throne and crown of the...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
Orkney Islands Economy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Orkney Islands Economy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Modernist Shetland: MacDiarmid's quest to unify Scotland's diversity
- In his first year in Shetland, he explored the archipelago, immersing himself in the working economy of the people around him. He went aboard a haddock boat to the Out Skerries, five miles north east of ....
- Westminster committee coming to Orkney to investigate renewable energy sector
- “It would be unthinkable to hold an inquiry into renewable energy in Scotland without coming to Orkney, where the sector has become such a prominent part of the economy.
- Orkney Tweed brand takes on the world
- Currently, the wool needs to be shipped to Shetland for processing, however, we'd like to bring this to the island and create a central hub for Orkney Tweed.
- Getting our sea legs: How Scotland could build a bumper economic future
- Then there were the puffers that steamed between islands, our remaining ferries, and the popularity of Scottish fisheries with the export trade - langoustines and spider crabs to Sweden and Spain - and our thriving aquaculture industry.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Orkney Islands Economy Topics
modern indian coins