A selection of articles related to orthodox.
Original articles from our library related to the Orthodox. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Orthodox.
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 4
- THE TRANSFORMATION OF CATERPILLAR TO BUTTERFLY It is not difficult to see that the whole Agenda behind owning a bigger home, a newer car and more land is one of ego. This is an orientation toward the building of an empire of material wealth, in a vain...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Orthodox is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Orthodox books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Orthodox Christians Around the World Celebrate Clean Monday on March 14
- According to Global World, a website with an international calendar of religious observances, Clean Monday is the first day of the Great Lent that precedes Easter in Orthodox Christian Churches.
- Bill to circumvent Supreme Court ruling on non-Orthodox use of mikvas
- The haredi political parties United Torah Judaism and Shas are still smarting from the government agreement to create a non-Orthodox prayer space at the Western Wall, and have been stung by the unfavorable coverage the deal received in online haredi ...
- Orthodox Christianity
- AS ORTHODOX Christian leaders prepare for what has been billed as their most important gathering for centuries, they have many problems to wrestle with. One, as widely reported already, is the chronically uneasy relationship between the two best-known ...
- The Synagogue I Don't Attend, is Orthodox
- The research explained that while the Conservative movement, in Hebrew, is called the Masorti movement, it should not be confused with masorti(or traditional) Israelis who overwhelmingly identify as either Orthodox (65%) or with no particular stream (27%).
- Orthodox archbishop is interred in Dallas cathedral he helped found
- Rod Dreher, a senior editor at The American Conservative and a former editorial writer and columnist for The Dallas Morning News, wrote this personal tribute to the archbishop.
butterfly stroke breathing
comb ceramic culture