- Brian Doyle's musings on children and animals win award: Book excerpt
- It may be that suburban animals dislike pole beans, or that the beans are able to defend themselves in subtle and telling ways, perhaps with infinitesimal pocket-knives or Yoko Ono songs.
- Meditate Like the Beatles This Weekend
- It's unclear if music from the Beatles will play, which is much easier now that they're on Spotify, or if you will turn into one of them (or Yoko Ono) after the event.
- Julia Holter at The Great Hall
- The impression of Julia Holter's Have You in My Wilderness tour is that it emphasises an art of sound-making that doesn't often present itself, even in an “alternative” music scene.
- Wanted: bright young things to form Britain's new avant-garde
- An artwork by Damien Hirst. The man who championed him, Gregor Muir, wants British art to be edgy again. Photograph: Nils Jorgensen / Rex Features.
- 75 John Lennon quotes for his 75th birthday
- Don't expect Jimmy Carter or Ronald Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself." — Playboy, 1981.
Oryoko is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Oryoko books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.