- Lipid remodelling is a widespread strategy in marine heterotrophic bacteria
- Use of non-limiting substrates to increase size; a generic strategy to simultaneously optimize uptake and minimize predation in pelagic osmotrophs? Ecol Lett 8: 675–682. | Article | ISI |; Thingstad TFR, Mantoura RFC.
- Filter Feeder Was the First of its Kind on Earth
- If you like enigmatic blobs, then you would have loved the Ediacaran. Back then, between 575 and 541 million years ago, much of life came in a range of fronds, pancakes, and medallions that have puzzled and inspired paleontologists for decades. Some of ...
- Bizarre Ancient Sea Creature Was Well-Armed for Feeding
- There's no evidence that Tribrachidium could move around, so researchers thought perhaps it fed by osmotrophy, or absorbing dissolved nutrients from the water. Alternatively, it could have captured and digested larger particles by suspension feeding.
- Ediacaran Fossil Highlights Differences with Cambrian Animals
- These patterns of fluid flow are inconsistent with osmotrophy and instead support the interpretation of Tribrachidium as a passive suspension feeder.
- Zombie ant fungi 'know' brains of their hosts
- He explained that fungi are nourished via osmotrophy, by which they secrete compounds that degrade the bigger molecules in their environment into smaller ones that then can be taken up by the fungus. Using metabolomics, the researchers could determine ...
Osmotroph is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Osmotroph books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
arameans religion and art
self-adjoint operator examples
crystal palace fc staff