- Coin crusader
- This turned numismatist Dr. Osmund Bopearachchi into a scholar activist, who was haunted by the name - Mir Zakah. Mir Zakah is a 5th century B.
- “Unique relief from Kurunagala depicting the seven weeks after the
- by Dr. Osmund Bopearachchi, Emeritus Director of Research at the French National Centre for Scientific Research, Paris. will be held on Monday 28th December at 5,00 p.
- Getting hold of the Alexander medallion
- Osmund Bopearachchi. Having announced the find to the world, more recently Osmund co-authored a book with History professor Frank Holt which was published just last month titled 'The Alexander Medallion: Exploring the Origins of a Unique Artefact'.
- Two important sculptures depicting important events of the Buddha's life – II
- Let us now come back to the relief from Tissamaharama. According to the story narrated in both Pali and Sanskrit texts, Nanda followed the Buddha, from the palace, so wearing his princely garments.
- Using coins to reconstruct past
- A leading authority on Central Asian, Indian and Sri Lankan numismatics and art history, Prof. Osmund Bopearachchi drew heavy flak over his recent lecture at the Post-Graduate Institute of Archaeological Research, where he referred to instances of ...
Osmund Bopearachchi is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Osmund Bopearachchi books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.