A selection of articles related to ostraca.
Original articles from our library related to the Ostraca. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ostraca.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part III: The Wisdom Literature
- It may seem that religion in ancient Egypt was mainly concerned with preserving the status of kingship and of a powerful priesthood. However, at all levels of society relationship with a deity through prayers and offerings on a daily basis was of great...
Religions >> Egyptian
Ostraca is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ostraca books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 2500 –Year Old Signet Ring from Tradeswomen Uncovered in Jerusalem
- It has been found on a pottery shard originating from Arad, where the largest collection of ostraca from Biblical times have been found. It includes more than 200 inscribed objects in Hebrew, Aramaic, and other languages.
- Asheville music club scene this week
- Odditorium: Lull, Ostraca, Kavyk, Fogwalker, Weak Wrists (punk/metal), 9 p.m., $6.
- وثائق الأوستراكا: محامل لأصوات البسطاء
- إضافة إلى الكتابة والرسم على أوراق البردي؛ استخدم الفراعنة والأغريق الأوستراكا (Ostraca) في نسخ الوثائق والمكاتبات. والأوستراكا عبارة عن شقفات من الفخار المكسور، تُبرز الفخاريات المكتشفة كيف لجأ القدماء إلى أدواتهم البسيطة ليدوّنوا النصوص القصيرة عبر أحبارٍ ...
- The Oldest Alphabet Found Written in Stone
- The limestone flake (known as an ostracon) was unearthed more than 20 years ago at Theban Tomb 99 (TT99), known to be the burial site of an Eighteenth Dynasty official named Senneferi. Nigel Strudwick, a British Egyptologist, found the ostracon during ...
- How Did a Judean Seal End Up in a 2000-year-old Russian Warrior Woman's Grave?
- His name has been found before, Rollston points out – from ostraca (pottery sherds), and on no less than three other seals, found in the ancient fortress of Arad. One is apparently made of carnelian, like the Sarmatian discovery.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.