A selection of articles related to ostraca.
Original articles from our library related to the Ostraca. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ostraca.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part III: The Wisdom Literature
- It may seem that religion in ancient Egypt was mainly concerned with preserving the status of kingship and of a powerful priesthood. However, at all levels of society relationship with a deity through prayers and offerings on a daily basis was of great...
Religions >> Egyptian
Ostraca is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ostraca books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Lachish Ostraca. The Lachish Letters Translation – (Transcription)
- The Lachish Letters Translation – (Transcription).
- Ostraca Upsaliensia (Part I)
- Ostraca Upsaliensia (Part I)*. Plates VIII–XVI. Todd Hickey (Berkeley/Washington, D.
Suggested News Resources
- Second-most important city in Kingom of Judah
- In 1935, archeologists digging in the guardhouse near the gate discovered eighteen ostraca (inscribed pottery shards) with ancient Hebrew inscriptions.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ostracon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- An ostracon (Greek: ὄστρακον ostrakon, plural ὄστρακα ostraka) is a piece of pottery (or stone), usually broken off from a vase or other earthenware vessel.
- Ostraca - Inscribed Shell or Potsherd called Ostraca
- The term ostraca (singular ostracon) is from a Greek word 'ostrakon' meaning ' shell.
- Ostraca. Potsherds and stone flakes bearing writing and/or depictions.
- Ancient Texts Relating to the Bible: Heshbon Ostraca
- Jan 8, 1999 Today we call those pieces of clay with writing on them ostraca, singular ostracon .
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesvowel merger
lunar node symbols
tampon absorbency ratings