- Leaked European commission plan would open gates to overfishing
- The common fisheries policy, which began in 2014, sets the principle that overfishing must end by 2020, in order to restore and maintain fish stocks at healthy levels. But the new proposal would allow fishing above those levels, conservationists argue.
- International overfishing study argues every vessel should be tracked
- A report released today in the journal Science says the anonymity granted to vessels at sea creates perfect conditions for overfishing and the destruction of entire ocean ecosystems.
- Overfishing devastates spawning aggregations
- According to Sadovy, aggregations in small-scale fisheries in particular could be dangerously overfished by only a few active boats, but large-scale industrial fisheries are also susceptible.
- Marlborough Sounds recreational fishing park will create conflict and over
- Wichman said the group believed the proposed changes would create over-fishing and unnecessary conflict among commercial fishermen. He described the process since the review changes were first mooted as "hasty and unstructured". "The process ...
- Marlborough Sounds changed by overfishing and recreational boom - fisherman
- Catches of fish in the Marlborough Sounds have fallen dramatically in the past 50 years due to overfishing and a boom in recreational use, a fisherman says. Kevin Andrews said his favourite fishing hole had been Ocean Bay in Port Underwood but stocks ...
Overfishing is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Overfishing books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.