- The Search for Zombie Crabs: The 2015 Chesapeake Bay Parasite Project
- This is a guest post by Monaca Noble, a biologist at the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center's Marina Invasions Laboratory. For the last 10 years, Ms. Noble has worked on issues related to the transport of marine species in ballast water and the ...
- High-density linkage mapping aided by transcriptomics documents ZW sex
- At 5 h after spawning, E. sinensis individuals carrying eggs (ovigerous) were immersed into 0.2% potassium chloride solution for 4 h at 15 °C for triploidy induction by retention of the second polar body.
- Female Crabs Only Eat Their Own Young When They're Hungry
- A hungry parent still needs to eat. Female crabs that recently carried eggs, i.e.
- Live forever! Can science deliver immortality?
- A benefit of ovigerous sexual reproduction is greater complexity for the entire species. Each descendant obtains a bit of both parents' germ cells. This form of ever-radiating genetic diversity is a defense against potential threats.
- Atlantic amphipods are now reproducing in Arctic waters
- New findings contradicted this assumption: "The catches in the months of August and September 2011 contained ovigerous females and recently hatched juveniles of the Atlantic species for the first time.
Ovigerous is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ovigerous books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchescoltan use and demand
swallows and amazons illustrations
great purge end of yezhovshchina
meaning of dreams about lamb
tsms lakonia the aftermath