- Facts About Vipers
- Most vipers are ovoviviparous, Savitzky said. That means the eggs are fertilized and incubate inside the mother and she gives birth to live young. "But," he added, "That is not true of some basal Asian pit vipers.
- Fishermen watch stingray they have just caught give BIRTH in video
- The incredible moment a stingray gave birth on a boat after being caught by a group of fisherman was caught on camera. Javier Capello shared a 39-second long video to YouTube Saturday of the pregnant stingray giving birth on his boat. The video starts ...
- Boa Constrictor Facts
- Boa constrictors are ovoviviparous, meaning they give birth to live young, said Heyborne. Inside the mother, individual clear membranes protect embryos by regulating temperatures. When they are born, the baby snakes have to push their way through the ...
- Facts About Water Snakes
- According to an article in the Journal of Herpetology, male water snakes reach sexual maturity around 21 months, while females reach it around 3 years. Females breed each year, giving birth to a litter of around 20 live snakes.
- Venomous Sea Snake Spotted In California
- A venomous sea snake has slithered to shore in California. The deadly snake, perhaps more than one, has been spotted in the Malibu Beach area. The yellow-bellied sea snake most commonly spends its entire life in the water.
Ovoviviparous is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ovoviviparous books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.