A selection of articles related to oxen.
Original articles from our library related to the Oxen. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Oxen.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And it came to pass on the day that Moses had fully set up the tabernacle, and had anointed it, and sanctified it, and all the instruments thereof, both the altar and all the vessels thereof, and had anointed them, and sanctified them; 7:2 That...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. 22:2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. 22:3 If...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And Balaam said unto Balak, Build me here seven altars, and prepare me here seven oxen and seven rams. 23:2 And Balak did as Balaam had spoken; and Balak and Balaam offered on every altar a bullock and a ram. 23:3 And Balaam said unto Balak,...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And it came to pass, as he went into the house of one of the chief Pharisees to eat bread on the sabbath day, that they watched him. 14:2 And, behold, there was a certain man before him which had the dropsy. 14:3 And Jesus answering spake unto...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 Ye are the children of the LORD your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead. 14:2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: 2:2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine....
New Testament >> John
Oxen is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Oxen books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Building an Ox Yoke
- Cattle have been domesticated and used as oxen oxen. A head yoke is secured directly behind the horns of the oxen. forward on the necks of the oxen .
- RULES TO GOVERN FARMERS' STEER & OXEN PULL
- Co-Sponsored by Show Steer & Oxen Club. June Farmers' Steer & Oxen Pull. June 5 & 6, 2010.
- STEERS AND OXEN
- CHESHIRE FAIR. “Fun for the Whole Herd”. AUGUST 3-7, 2011.
- THE SUPPLY OF OXEN AT
- "If fiat money... falters, we may have to go back to oxen as our medium of exchange. Switzerland there are even greater oxen than myself".
- D Acres of New Hampshire Sustainable Forestry with Oxen
- Oxen are a great resource for the small farmer managing a woodlot. At D Acres , we use a pair of oxen (August and Henri) for many activities around the farm.
Suggested News Resources
- Oxen show off at the Caledonia County Fair
- The emphasis is on agriculture and there are lots of animals to look at-- like oxen. Sandra Griffin has been working with oxen ever since she met Ralph 40 years ago.
- Garden Bar Reservoir: Discussion set for Oct. 12
- By Trina Kleist Westbound pioneers crossed their oxen and wagons in this area where tight hills opened into a little valley on the Bear River at Garden Bar.
- Oxen show off at fair
- Aaron Eisenhauer - firstname.lastname@example.org Herb Troumble holds his ox whip as he gives commands to Red, right, and Elmer his Jersey and Holstein mix oxen during the Open Oxen Versatility Show at the Washington County Fair on Tuesday, August 23, 2011.
- Pulling their weight ... and more
- Darrel Watkins works with his oxen during the ox pull at the Nova Scotia Provincial Exhibition on Thursday. Watkins and his team were eliminated at a weight of 7500 pounds.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- An ox (plural oxen), also known as a bullock in Australia, New Zealand and India, is a bovine trained as a draft animal.
- Cattle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Oxen (singular ox) are cattle trained as draft animals.
- Oxen Questions
- Oxen are steers of any breed of cattle, that are at least four years old, and taught to work.
- Rural Heritage - Breeds of Oxen
- Pure Breeds of Oxen. Devon Bigger picture. American Milking Devon.
- Inserts a blank document layout with no defined style.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.