A selection of articles related to oxen.
Original articles from our library related to the Oxen. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Oxen.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And it came to pass on the day that Moses had fully set up the tabernacle, and had anointed it, and sanctified it, and all the instruments thereof, both the altar and all the vessels thereof, and had anointed them, and sanctified them; 7:2 That...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. 22:2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. 22:3 If...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed. 14:2 But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: I Corinthians, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord? 9:2 If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord. 9:3 Mine answer to...
New Testament >> I Corinthians
- Her name means "giver". With a plough drawn by four sons whom she bore to a giant and changed into oxen for the purpose, she ploughed the island Zealand (the main island of Denmark) away from the Swedish mainland, later mothering the chief dynasty...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me. 9:2 For if thou refuse to let them go, and wilt hold them still, 9:3 Behold, the hand of the LORD...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee: 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great;...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Oxen is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Oxen books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Building an Ox Yoke
- Cattle have been domesticated and used as oxen oxen. A head yoke is secured directly behind the horns of the oxen. forward on the necks of the oxen .
- RULES TO GOVERN FARMERS' STEER & OXEN PULL
- Co-Sponsored by Show Steer & Oxen Club. June Farmers' Steer & Oxen Pull. June 5 & 6, 2010.
- STEERS AND OXEN
- CHESHIRE FAIR. “Fun for the Whole Herd”. AUGUST 3-7, 2011.
- THE SUPPLY OF OXEN AT
- "If fiat money... falters, we may have to go back to oxen as our medium of exchange. Switzerland there are even greater oxen than myself".
- D Acres of New Hampshire Sustainable Forestry with Oxen
- Oxen are a great resource for the small farmer managing a woodlot. At D Acres , we use a pair of oxen (August and Henri) for many activities around the farm.
Suggested News Resources
- Oxen show off at the Caledonia County Fair
- The emphasis is on agriculture and there are lots of animals to look at-- like oxen. Sandra Griffin has been working with oxen ever since she met Ralph 40 years ago.
- Garden Bar Reservoir: Discussion set for Oct. 12
- By Trina Kleist Westbound pioneers crossed their oxen and wagons in this area where tight hills opened into a little valley on the Bear River at Garden Bar.
- Oxen show off at fair
- Aaron Eisenhauer - firstname.lastname@example.org Herb Troumble holds his ox whip as he gives commands to Red, right, and Elmer his Jersey and Holstein mix oxen during the Open Oxen Versatility Show at the Washington County Fair on Tuesday, August 23, 2011.
- Pulling their weight ... and more
- Darrel Watkins works with his oxen during the ox pull at the Nova Scotia Provincial Exhibition on Thursday. Watkins and his team were eliminated at a weight of 7500 pounds.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- An ox (plural oxen), also known as a bullock in Australia, New Zealand and India, is a bovine trained as a draft animal.
- Cattle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Oxen (singular ox) are cattle trained as draft animals.
- Oxen Questions
- Oxen are steers of any breed of cattle, that are at least four years old, and taught to work.
- Rural Heritage - Breeds of Oxen
- Pure Breeds of Oxen. Devon Bigger picture. American Milking Devon.
- Inserts a blank document layout with no defined style.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesmedia occupations
list of most common surnames croatia
slave trade in the middle ages