A selection of articles related to padma purana.
Original articles from our library related to the Padma Purana. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Padma Purana.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Padma Purana is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Padma Purana books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Kali Yuga in the Eye of Wisdom
- This story is from the Padma Purana, talking about the glory of Srimad Bhagavatam. Bhakti says she was born in Dravida Desha—Tamil Nadu. She grew up in Karnataka and spent some time in Maharashtra.
- Devdutt Pattanaik: Shiva's daughter and Ram's sister
- Information on Ashokasundari is scarce, a slip of a tale found only in the Padma Purana, with some folklore from Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Bengal about Shiva and Parvati having a daughter.
- Reclaiming public spaces, and the public imagination
- Also on International Women's Day, Padma Vibhushan awardee Sonal Mansingh will perform her new choreography, Stree, at the India Habitat Centre in New Delhi. “We talk about sashaktikaran, ...
- 'Kumaradhara Theertha Mukkoti' on Feb. 22
- The Kumaradhara Theertham falls under the last category and is considered as the first and foremost with its significance explained in Vamana , Varaha , Padma and Markandeya Puranas of Venkatachala Mahatyam . According to Vamana and Varaha ...
- Is The Right-Wing Trying To Paint The Nation Saffron In The Name Of 'Nationalism'?
- Big corporate honchos can default on thousands of crores of public sector bank loans and yet be honoured with Padma Bhushans and Vibhushans but Dalit scholars are not paid their stipends for sharing their views on facebook?