A selection of articles related to paganism today.
Original articles from our library related to the Paganism Today. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Paganism Today.
- A Basic View of Paganism or Bambi Pagansim
- "You people are all so nice! I like the idea of Paganism, but I don't think I could be that nice all the time." The writer was genuinely perplexed and driven to ask me if it is really possible that Pagans, Witches and Wiccans really lived such...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Story of the Celts: The Celts Today
- The Celts Today [ 40 ] The Celts, and Celtic peoples, are alive and well today. Celtic culture is well documented and preserved, and there are millions of people on different continents who make it a point to identify with that culture. In Ireland Irish...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- A Cup of Hemlock: Dealing with Conflict in Coven and Congregation
- There have always been those folks who point out our foibles, and make us take an uncomfortable look at our world, as well as those who simply had the misfortune to point out the obvious when it was unwelcome. Then there are troublemakers, folks who go out of...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Paganism Today is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Paganism Today books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Remarkable Persistence of the Green Man
- “The fact is that unofficial paganism subsisted side by side with the official religion,” Raglan writes, “and this explains the presence of our Green Man in a church window with the Virgin beside him and below him the sun.
- Saint Patrick Wasn't Irish (and 5 Other Things You Might Not Know)
- Legend has it that Patrick got rid of Ireland's snakes by beating on a drum and driving them into the sea. It's more likely that the snakes are merely symbolic of sin and paganism.
- Viking Chief Tore Hund and his successful resistance against Christian conversion
- When Christians made their theological push into Europe, suppressing native religions and supplanting them with a foreign God, some pagans resisted by secretly practicing their old religion, while others resisted by meeting force with force.
- Reader's View: We're giving up our blessings in the name of secularism
- Isn't secularism actually a modern term for “paganism?” Yet, today, is considered “avant garde?” Hmmm!
- UW Religion Today: Religions, Evangelism and Government Support
- He established bishops as key players in his court and set the stage for the Roman Empire's adoption of Christianity as its official religion and its ultimate ban on paganism in later decades.
Paganism Today Topics
Related searchesroyal earlswood hospital
breakfast television citytv vancouver
brodmann area 24
galicia spain language
neil armstrong youth
argentina enclaves and exclaves