A selection of articles related to pan africanism.
Original articles from our library related to the Pan Africanism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pan Africanism.
- (pasturer) Goat-footed and horned God of field, grove, and wooded glen. The son of Hermes, he was a shepherds Divinity, concerned with fertility, the wildwood, and solitary pipe-music. He had a somewhat disreputable image in the Classic world on account of...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- 15 - The Devil
- In fact this card represents Pan, the very old Nature-God of merriment, sensuality, fertility and life-force. Pan has the appearance of a half-man, half-goat. The goat is related to Capricorn and Saturn. Capricorn is persistent, tenacious, structured and will...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
Pan Africanism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pan Africanism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Rwanda: PDC Party Leaders Embrace Pan-Africanism
- Leaders of the Centrist Democratic Party (PDC) have committed to subscribe to Rwanda chapter of Pan-African Movement (PAM) to promote Pan-Africanism. Agnes Mukabaranga, the party president, said they are committed to embrace PAM ideology as they ...
- Africa: Claudia Jones - Unknown Pan-Africanist, Feminist and Communist
- Claudia Jones' Pan-Africanism led to her advocacy for freedom of Caribbean and African peoples from colonialism. She used the organizational space of the Communist Party to advance the cause of anti-racism, world peace, decolonization and the class ...
- Africa: Sobukwe's Pan-Africanist Dream - an Elusive Idea That Refuses to Die
- Is Africa really for Africans? American commissioner to Africa and abolitionist Martin Delany asked this question a century and a half ago following his sojourn in Africa and Europe.
- Ethiopia: Turning Adwa Into a Global Heritage Site of Pan-African Struggle
- March 1 marks the 120th anniversary of the Battle of Adwa, a decisive victory of Ethiopia over Italian colonialism. This great victory has been a source of inspiration for struggles for freedom throughout the pan-African world.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Pan Africanism Topics
Related searchesmultiple sclerosis pathophysiology
poison ivy character history
cartoon network miguzi
sustainability sustainability index
black death alternative explanations
kings of leon singles