A selection of articles related to pan tadeusz.
Original articles from our library related to the Pan Tadeusz. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pan Tadeusz.
- (pasturer) Goat-footed and horned God of field, grove, and wooded glen. The son of Hermes, he was a shepherds Divinity, concerned with fertility, the wildwood, and solitary pipe-music. He had a somewhat disreputable image in the Classic world on account of...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- 15 - The Devil
- In fact this card represents Pan, the very old Nature-God of merriment, sensuality, fertility and life-force. Pan has the appearance of a half-man, half-goat. The goat is related to Capricorn and Saturn. Capricorn is persistent, tenacious, structured and will...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
Pan Tadeusz is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pan Tadeusz books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Lublin. "Pan Tadeusz" w Teatrze im. Osterwy w reż. M. Grabowskiego
- Poemat "Pan Tadeusz, czyli Ostatni zajazd na Litwie" Adama Mickiewicza wydany został w 1934 r. w Paryżu. Epopeja z elementami gawędy szlacheckiej składa się z 12 ksiąg napisanych wierszem, trzynastozgłoskowcem.
- Wędrówka z Polski do Polski. Recenzja spektaklu "Pan Tadeusz"
- "Pana Tadeusza" czytałam cztery razy. W szkole, na studiach, sama dla siebie. Żeby zrozumieć.
- Wielkie szczęście pana Tadeusza z Kalisza: wygrałem 500 zł
- To będą szczególnie radosne święta - mówi pan Tadeusz Zakrocki (82 l.) z Kalisza, który w naszej wiosennej zdrapce właśnie wygrał 500 złotych. Pan Tadeusz żyje ze skromnej renty, więc wygrane pieniądze zamierza przeznaczyć na świąteczne zakupy.
- Polish literary classic 'Pan Tadeusz' in new illustrated edition
- The action focuses on a feud between two noble families and a romance between young squire Tadeusz and the innocent lady Zosia. Wilkon, who was born in 1930, has illustated close to 200 books. Besides Poland, he has won awards in France, Germany, ...
- Papal letters raise issues around clerical friendships with women
- In the final pages, Poltawska describes how she read to the dying pope at his bedside in Rome's Gemelli Clinic, listing the classic Pan Tadeusz by Adam Mickiewicz and parts of John Paul's own Memory and Identity. The pope died in his Vatican apartment, ...