A selection of articles related to papal index.
Original articles from our library related to the Papal Index. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Papal Index.
- Casting and Closing a Cricle
- Casting the Circle | Closing the Circle | Casting the Celtic Circle There are many, many ways of casting and closing the Circle. Here is one that I find very complete. Make sure you choose the deity/angel/spirit you invoke carefully. You don't want to call an...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Martin Luther
- Martin Luther was a German theologian, a priest and a monk, a scholar and a writer. He was the leading figure of the Protestant Reformation.
Saga of Times Past >> Biography
- The Burning Times
- The enlightened emergence from the medieval Dark Ages. The Reformation. The Renaissance. An undeniably high point of human evolution. Or so we are taught, and so many believe, but to my people -- the Pagans, the Witches, the wise women and men, the healers,...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Paths of the Qabalah
- I must confess, I've been trying to use the book "The Talking Tree" by William Gray and I admit that I've been having a hard time. Most Tree of Life glyphs start the eleventh path with the Fool, as it is with most tarot decks. Gray begins with the...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Meditation, Felling and Group Mind (GM3)
- The main reason why the modern person usually assumes they have little to no psychic sensitivity, is because they are not in touch with their feelings. The second most prevalent reason for this attitude, is due to our training in the modern paradigm. In...
Mind >> Meditation
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Raising the World Mind (GM10-11)
- Part 1 | Part 2 Part 1 The wise live in accord with natural laws. It is they who understand that the laws of nature are much higher than the laws of man, because breaking them implies penalties far greater than a fine or prison sentence. When a person...
Mind >> World Mind
Papal Index is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Papal Index books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Free Presbyterian Church - The Papacy
- and Tradition. III. Of Reading the Scriptures.
- CHAPTER SEVEN
- “In 1559 Paul IV published the first papal Index auctorum et librorum prohibitorum .
- The literary policy of the Church of Rome exhibited, in an account of
- that the Roman Indexes are of no authority with any class of those who denominate themselves. Romanists, or subjects of the papal see. The.
- All dates are ce unless stated as bce. Popes are cross-referenced
- Index. All dates are ce unless stated as bce. Popes are cross-referenced from their entry under their birth name to their papal name, s.
Suggested News Resources
- The Secret City
- Many of the legends about the palace had a wicked sexual element: It was believed that it hid world's largest collection of pornography—a not unreasonable assumption, since the Papal Index banned immoral books until 1966.
Suggested Web Resources
- Index Librorum Prohibitorum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Title page of the first Papal Index, Index Auctorum et Librorum, published in 1557 and then withdrawn.
- History Index
- Oct 18, 2003 One is about the papal index of prohibited books and the other on the Christian origins of modern science.
- Pageant of the Popes Index
- Mar 12, 2008 Pageant of the Popes, by John Farrow, , full text etext at sacred-texts.com.
- Papal Bull Index
- Delegation to the Vatican · Final Report on Delegation - October 22, 2000 · National Catholic Reporter, "Indigenous demand revocation of 1493 papal bull.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.