A selection of articles related to papal index.
Original articles from our library related to the Papal Index. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Papal Index.
- Casting and Closing a Cricle
- Casting the Circle | Closing the Circle | Casting the Celtic Circle There are many, many ways of casting and closing the Circle. Here is one that I find very complete. Make sure you choose the deity/angel/spirit you invoke carefully. You don't want to call an...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Martin Luther
- Martin Luther was a German theologian, a priest and a monk, a scholar and a writer. He was the leading figure of the Protestant Reformation.
Saga of Times Past >> Biography
- St. Patrick
- The arrival in Antrim of a young Caledonian slave named Succat would hardly seem worthy of historical note, but that slave became St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland and the person responsible for opening the land to Christianity. Patrick began by converting...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Love and Clarity
- Literally any state of mind may be created or enhanced within. It is commonly assumed that our thoughts and feelings are difficult, if not impossible, to change at will. But this is not so. The meditator soon realizes that it is they who are primarily...
Mind >> Telepathy and Group Mind
- The Burning Times
- The enlightened emergence from the medieval Dark Ages. The Reformation. The Renaissance. An undeniably high point of human evolution. Or so we are taught, and so many believe, but to my people -- the Pagans, the Witches, the wise women and men, the healers,...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Paths of the Qabalah
- I must confess, I've been trying to use the book "The Talking Tree" by William Gray and I admit that I've been having a hard time. Most Tree of Life glyphs start the eleventh path with the Fool, as it is with most tarot decks. Gray begins with the...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Meditation, Felling and Group Mind (GM3)
- The main reason why the modern person usually assumes they have little to no psychic sensitivity, is because they are not in touch with their feelings. The second most prevalent reason for this attitude, is due to our training in the modern paradigm. In...
Mind >> Meditation
Papal Index is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Papal Index books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Free Presbyterian Church - The Papacy
- and Tradition. III. Of Reading the Scriptures.
- CHAPTER SEVEN
- “In 1559 Paul IV published the first papal Index auctorum et librorum prohibitorum .
- The literary policy of the Church of Rome exhibited, in an account of
- that the Roman Indexes are of no authority with any class of those who denominate themselves. Romanists, or subjects of the papal see. The.
- All dates are ce unless stated as bce. Popes are cross-referenced
- Index. All dates are ce unless stated as bce. Popes are cross-referenced from their entry under their birth name to their papal name, s.
Suggested News Resources
- The Secret City
- Many of the legends about the palace had a wicked sexual element: It was believed that it hid world's largest collection of pornography—a not unreasonable assumption, since the Papal Index banned immoral books until 1966.
Suggested Web Resources
- Index Librorum Prohibitorum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Title page of the first Papal Index, Index Auctorum et Librorum, published in 1557 and then withdrawn.
- History Index
- Oct 18, 2003 One is about the papal index of prohibited books and the other on the Christian origins of modern science.
- Pageant of the Popes Index
- Mar 12, 2008 Pageant of the Popes, by John Farrow, , full text etext at sacred-texts.com.
- Papal Bull Index
- Delegation to the Vatican · Final Report on Delegation - October 22, 2000 · National Catholic Reporter, "Indigenous demand revocation of 1493 papal bull.