- The culprit in this case is a habit called papañca.
- There are various translations of papañca-saññā-sankhā, with currently the most perceptions of diversifications" where he renders papañca as 'diversification'.
- The Co-arising of Self and Object, World, and Society:
- (vitakketi, the verbal form of vitakka)and conceptual proliferation (papañca).
- Skill in Questions
- Dependent Co-arising. Recommended Questions. Views & Awakening.
- Our Appointment With Life
- ence between papanca and ni-papanca, and the ability to discern the distinction, born of “deep observation,” is hard won and not always stable.
- Happiness, Kant, and Buddhism
- One conception was common to all the philosophical schools: people are unhappy because they are the slave of their passions. In other words, they are unhappy because they desire things they may not be able to obtain, since they are exterior, alien, and ...
- Science and Buddhism
- All these are done by "rolling to five" (Papanca) in the respective sense organ. Science utilizes this mind process of "rolling to five" in all its activities. The rolling to five only yields wrong information hence called Vinnana.
- Conceptual proliferation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The translation of papañca as conceptual proliferation was first made by Katukurunde Nanananda Thera in his research monograph Concept and Reality.
- Madhupindika Sutta: The Ball of Honey
- Through the process of papañca, the agent then becomes a victim of his/her own Sn 4.
- Ovenbird » Papañca: proliferation
- Oct 18, 2009 papañca. This term is extremely important for understanding Buddhism; and it is extremely difficult to translate.
- Mental Proliferation
- As BB says, Papañca-sanna-sankha is more difficult.
Papanca is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Papanca books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.