- a normal or abnormal plasma protein appearing in large quantities as a result of some pathologic condition, now replaced in most contexts by the term m ...
- SkylineDx Supports Myeloma Awareness Month to Raise Awareness of a Serious and
- In patients with MM, the plasma cells become abnormal, multiply uncontrollably, and release only one type of antibody – known as paraprotein – which has no useful function. It is often through the measurement of paraprotein that MM is diagnosed and ...
- Delivery of miR-34a by chitosan/PLGA nanoplexes for the anticancer treatment
- The deep deregulation of microRNAs (miRNAs) plays a relevant role in the pathogenesis of several human malignancies, including multiple myeloma (MM), a plasma cell dyscrasia characterized by the clonal accumulation of monotypic paraprotein-secreting ...
- Monoclonal Gammopathy in HIV-1–Infected Patients
- Objective: Monoclonal gammopathies (MGs) associated with HIV infection are frequent but their evolution and significance are uncertain in this population at high risk of lymphoproliferative disorder.
- The day I met the bone marrow donor who saved my life
- The bone pain and extreme fatigue returned, and tests showed that levels of the abnormal “paraprotein” in Steve's blood had shot up. He was forced to take early retirement and undergo several more chemotherapy cycles, all of which failed.
- Johnson & Johnson Advanced Multiple Myeloma Drug Darzalex Wins Accelerated FDA
- They produce just one type of antibody called paraprotein, which has no valuable function except to diagnose and monitor a myeloma patient. Chemically known as daratumumab, Darzalex works by binding to a protein on the surface of malignant myeloma ...
Paraprotein is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Paraprotein books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchessocial sciences criticism
rush limbaugh demographic appeal
williamsburg virginia climate
longship snekke snekkja
infected mushroom history