A selection of articles related to parasites.
Original articles from our library related to the Parasites. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Parasites.
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Suggested "Field Trips" for Runic Study
- I began this article after discussing with my colleagues just what the Runes mean and how one goes about studying them. I also remembered that my Rune teacher, Thorr Sheil, told me that he and HIS teacher went to a dairy farm while they were studying the Rune...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Howling at the Moon!
- Lunacy, says it all. We all know that the time of the full moon feels strange. Legend has it that the full moon brings out the worst in people: more violence, suicides, accidents, and aggression. The influence of the moon and behavior has been called "The...
Astrology >> The Moon
- Mugwort: Artemisa Vulgaris Other Names: Muggins, Muggert Kail, Fat Hen, Sailor's Tobacco, Motherwort, Smotherwood, Gallwood, Docko, Felon Herb, St. John's Herb Planet: Venus Element: Earth Gender: Feminine Deities: Artemis and Diana Magickal Properties:...
Remedies >> Remedies M
- Milky yellow, peach, green, white or clear crystals. Soft. Red/Pink: Receptive. Element: Water. Powers: Doubles the power (all calcites doubles the power) of any energy directed to it. Also directs energy to specific points. Fosters spirituality, creates...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
Parasites is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Parasites books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- External Parasites
- All birds are susceptible to infestation by external parasites.
- Parasitic Higher Plants
- epiphytes, the hemiparasites, and the true parasites. Epiphytes.
- Domestic Rabbits: Diseases and Parasites, PNW 310-E (Oregon
- DOMESTIC. RABBITS. DISEASES AND.
- Internal Parasites of Horses
- Internal Parasites are a significant threat to the health of horses.
Suggested News Resources
- Are toxoplasma parasites taking over our brains?
- By Elizabeth Weise, USA TODAY How would you like your brain taken over by an alien parasite that made walking up to a hungry lion seem just as good an idea as snuggling up to a beautiful woman?
- Week in science: Jupiter-sized diamonds, gonad-eating parasites, and more
- Gonad-chomping parasite may block transmission of Dengue fever: Researchers show that a bacteria keeps Dengue viruses out of mosquitoes in the lab, then demonstrate that they can get the bacteria to spread within a wild population of the mosquitoes.
- Malaria Gets the Foil-in-a-Microwave Treatment
- The idea, he said, is based on the fact that malaria parasites invade red blood cells and eat the hemoglobin inside them.
- Mind-control parasite turns fear into sexual attraction
- By Stephanie Pappas Senior writer When the bizarre parasite known as Toxoplasma gondii infects rats, it turns the rodents fearless, reducing their natural aversion to the odor of cat urine.
- Gonad-chomping parasite may block transmission of Dengue fever
- Now, researchers have developed a way to keep the Dengue virus out of the mosquitoes: infect them with a bacterial parasite that protects its host from competing infections.
Suggested Web Resources
- Parasitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Unlike predators, parasites are generally much smaller than their host, although both are special cases of consumer-resource interactions.
- Parasites and Foodborne Illness
- May 24, 2011 Fact sheet about parasites that may be present in food or in water that can cause disease.
- The Parasite Picture Gallery
- An extraordinary variety of viruses, bacteria, parasites, and organisms stand ready to attack us and feed off our bodies' cells.
- CDC - Parasites
- Nov 2, 2010 A parasite is an organism that lives on or in a host and gets its food from or at the expense of its host. Parasites can cause disease in humans.
- Parasitic Diseases: MedlinePlus
- Directory of factsheets, press releases, and articles.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.