A selection of articles related to parthian shaft.
Original articles from our library related to the Parthian Shaft. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Parthian Shaft.
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 25
- Chapter 25 25:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 25:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering. 25:3 And this is the offering which ye shall take of...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 37
- Chapter 37 37:1 And Bezaleel made the ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half was the length of it, and a cubit and a half the breadth of it, and a cubit and a half the height of it: 37:2 And he overlaid it with pure gold within and without, and made a...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 8:2 Speak unto Aaron, and say unto him, When thou lightest the lamps, the seven lamps shall give light over against the candlestick. 8:3 And Aaron did so; he lighted the lamps thereof over against the...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Celtic Gods and Heroes: The Gods of Ancient Ireland
- Celtic peoples established themselves in Ireland about 2,500 years ago. But humans had inhabited the island long before that, as evidenced by the monument site at Newgrange dating to 3000 B.C., as well as the prehistoric megaliths at Carrowmore in Sligo, and...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Astral Beings and Wildlife
- The astral dimension contains a wide variety of what could be called non-physical subtle energy life-forms; or as Carlos Castenada so aptly calls them: inorganic beings. Some of these have a positive nature (nice) and some seem have a negative nature (not so...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
Parthian Shaft is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Parthian Shaft books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE SASSANIAN DYNASTY (CE 224-641) A brief chronology of
- reverence to a pantheon of Greek divinities encouraged by the Parthian rulers. Sassan's influence in .. was shown on one side of the Fire or on the Altar Shaft.
- Anne of Green Gables
- Leaving this Parthian shaft to rankle in Anne's stormy bosom, Marilla descended to the kitchen, grievously troubled in mind and vexed in soul.
- Sasanians in the Persian Gulf According to Archaeological Data
- Parthian burials were mostly placed in the defensive walls of both Acropole and Ville Royale.
- A DIALOGUE BETWEEN A CLUNIAC AND A CISTERCIAN
- It is a Parthian shaft, as we shall allow.
- I The hawk circled silently and broodingly over the desert sands, so
- the bow, less developed than those of the Parthians, were supplemented by heavier, ashwood shafts and poison-tipped barbs.
Suggested News Resources
- Break with the past
- Iran's supreme leader, Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei loosed a Parthian shaft at the Summit's end. He called the United Nations Security Council outdated, unbalanced, and an instrument of the Western powers.
Suggested Web Resources
- Parthian shaft - definition of Parthian shaft by the Free Online
- a hostile remark or gesture delivered while departing. [alluding to the custom of Parthian archers who shot their arrows backwards while retreating].
- Books: Parthian Shaft - TIME
- GREY GRANITE—Lewis Grassic Gibbon —Doubleday, Doran ($2.50). Last February Death came to Archeologist James Leslie Mitchell, at 34.
- parthian shaft - definition of parthian shaft
- Definition of parthian shaft. What is meaning of parthian shaft in all languages. Translation of parthian shaft in the Dictionary.