Pashtunwali Who Is A Pashtun
A selection of articles related to pashtunwali who is a pashtun.
Original articles from our library related to the Pashtunwali Who Is A Pashtun. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pashtunwali Who Is A Pashtun.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Description of the Bach Remedies
- Bach Flower Remedies 1. AGRIMONY (Agrimonia eupatoria) - problems hidden behind light-heartedness - This is the "Keep-smiling!" - remedy: it is for people who hide their fears, grief and worries under a mask of cheerfulness, friendliness and humor....
Homeopathy >> Bach Flower Remedies
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
Pashtunwali Who Is A Pashtun is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pashtunwali Who Is A Pashtun books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Killing of Warren Weinstein
- In his next talks with the captors, the Pakistani go-between made them swear — on the Quran and by the Pashtunwali, a tribal code of the Pashtun ethnic group — that they would honor their promises to deliver Weinstein once the money changed hands.
- Discrediting in the name of religion
- “Fazlullah exploited this ignorance,” Malala adds. She also says, “Holy Quran clearly says it is wrong to kill.” Similarly, Malala does not mince words when she says, “I have problems with our Pashtunwali code.
- Understanding Pashtunwali
- Dating back to the pre-Islamic era, Pashtunwali is the code of conduct every proud Pashtun follows, may he live in Afghanistan, Pakistan, or as a refugee anywhere in the world. The native Pashtun is fiercely independent and loyal.
- Afghans See a Collapse of Tradition in a Spate of Devious Attacks
- Many Afghans find it hard to reconcile such attacks, especially in the Pashtun heartland of Helmand, with Pashtunwali, which prizes hospitality, righteousness, bravery in battle, loyalty and respect for self and others.
- The Graveyard of Caliphates
- ISIS has undermined its prospects by criticizing Pashtunwali, the tribal code to which Pashtuns—the majority of the Taliban fighting force—adhere. In Dabiq, ISIS also criticized Deobandi Islam, the Taliban's prevailing school of Islamic thought.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.