- Phra Dhammachayo: Charges of corruption renewed
- Late supreme patriarch wanted him expelled for violating monks' code of conduct (Patimokkha) & now another violation looms in 12-billion-baht embezzlement case. Phra Dhammachayo, founder, leader and "abbot" of the Dhammakaya Temple, has faced ...
- Mad Monks: Wirathu, Sri Lanka, and Diverting Democracy in Burma
- Neither 969 nor Bodu Bala Sena followers are allowed to wear a robe, according to the patimokkha itself. These so-called monks, and all who advocate violence as a solution, can be considered to be neither monks nor Buddhist. In Burma, the movement to ...
- Defiant Wirathu defends 'whore' slur
- But Paul Fuller, a Buddhist studies expert focused on “ethnocentric” Buddhism in Myanmar and Sri Lanka, said U Wirathu was unlikely to have violated the monastic code, known as the patimokkha. “When a monk deviates from these rules, various sanctions ...
Patimokkha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Patimokkha books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesmusic of china ethnic han music
glam rock subsequent influence
first communion traditions
dream interpretation reptile
hot sauce remedies