A selection of articles related to patrilineal descent.
Original articles from our library related to the Patrilineal Descent. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Patrilineal Descent.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- But on to Othala, which in the eastern areas of the proto-Germanic-speaking area was evidently pronounced Othila. This is the “O” rune. It did not carry over into the Younger Futhark, so Ur(uz) did double-duty. Nevertheless, the Scandinavian languages still...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Persephone - An Intutitive View
- Persephone is a Goddess whose history has been mainly inferred from ancient mythological placement of her as Demeter’s daughter and Hades wife. She has rarely been addressed outside of the context of her connection to these two more infamous individuals....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Persephone had no real title or position in the world of Olympian gods and goddesses.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- King James Bible: Hebrews, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness,...
New Testament >> To the Hebrews
- The Mysteries of the Rosary Beads
- Traditionally there are 15 Mysteries of the Rosary based on the Roman Catholic customs set by Pope St. Pius V in the 16th century.
Magick >> Rituals
Patrilineal Descent is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Patrilineal Descent books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Reconstructionist View on Patrilineal Descent. - Jewish
- (CCAR) to equate patrilineal and matrilineal descent is somewhat sur- prising. ... patrilineal descent is an idea whose time has arrived — in a way that was.
- Fathers of the Faith? Three Decades of Patrilineal Descent in - JPPI
- Mar 29, 2013 Patrilineal Descent in American Reform Judaism. Prof. ...
- Matrilineal ascent/ Patrilineal descent - Temple Beth Sholom
- The Problem Is “Patrilineal Descent”—Not “Matrilineal Ascent” ................................ 4. The Other Jewish Gender Imbalance: Traditional Exclusion of Women .
- Matrilineal / Patrilineal - Brandeis University
- Patrilineal. THE GENDER IMBALANCE IN. AMERICAN JEWISH LIFE.
- Realizing Civilization through Patrilineal Descent: The Intellectual
- inverting the norms of Swahili society that valorized patrilineal descent from the ... African writers working within the idiom of descent retooled the intellectual ...
Suggested News Resources
- Keruv Initiative Provides Tools for Shuls Across the Country
- She said the theme of the weekend, which had classes in sensitivity training, patrilineal descent and talks from rabbinic leaders, was about engaging the non-Jewish spouse.
- [WATCH] Rubio Reads Trump Tweets at Rally, Says 'Friends Do Not Let Friends
- Also, it having to be patrilineal descent is definitely unconstitutional, because it can't pass the "feminists-don't-object?" test. My experts have determined that 25% of the world's population passes the Mayflower test.
- Africa: It's Time to Axe Kenya's Big Dick Politics
- The only reason their ethnic identities are erased is that most communities in Kenya are patrilineal. One only has to look at the two leading political families - the Kenyattas and the Odingas - to see this truth in ...
- Op-Ed: Why Conservative Judaism should accept patrilineal Jews
- The irony about the Conservative Jewish debate on patrilineal descent is that for the most part, the matter already has been decided. I can't think of any Conservative synagogue that is turning away members.
Suggested Web Resources
- Patrilineality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Patrilineal or agnatic succession gives priority to or restricts inheritance of a throne or fief to heirs, male or ... Patrilineal descent of Elizabeth II—an example.
- Patrilineal Descent | Jewish Virtual Library
- According to traditional Jewish law, someone is a Jew if he or she is born to a Jewish mother or converted to Judaism. Therefore, a child who is born to a Jewish ...
- Matrilineal & Patrilineal Descent Systems - Video & Lesson
- This lesson explores the differences between matrilineal and patrilineal descent systems. You'll also learn about unilineal descent and the concept...
- Patrilineal Descent | ReformJudaism.org
- In 1983, the organized Reform Jewish Movement adopted the principal of patrilineal descent. This is a bit of a misnomer. Reform Judaism considers a child of an ...
- Patrilineal Descent - University of Manitoba
- Patrilineal , or agnatic, descent is established by tracing descent exclusively through males from a founding male ancestor. The individuals indicated in blue ...