- Izborsk: Monumental citadel on Russia's north-western border
- Northwest Russia contains a number of imposing medieval fortresses, such as Pskov and Novgorod. But none is so dramatically located as the ancient stone citadel at Izborsk, a small town about 20 miles west of Pskov. At this site a large formation of ...
- Wordplay | Home of the Elves
- WEDNESDAY PUZZLE — I have a philosophy. [Here we go. Everyone get comfortable.
- Russia's orphans: Government takes custody of children when parents can't cope
- PECHORY, Russia — Dima Yakovlev lived at the orphanage here and so did Maxim Kuzmin. Both were adopted by American parents, and, five years apart, both died in the United States. Two young boys from this out-of-the-way town, they became symbols ...
- World of Grief and Doubt After an Adoptee's Death
- In February, Max was transferred to an orphanage in the town of Pechory, more than two hours from Gdov. He never saw his mother again. Ms.
- Toddler death stirs Russian polemic over US adoption
- Tuesday's meeting between the new US Secretary of State John Kerry and the Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov comes at the lowest point in the countries' relationship since President Obama first took office.
Pechory is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pechory books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesafrican mythology
grumman american aa-5