A selection of articles related to peculiar institution.
Original articles from our library related to the Peculiar Institution. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Peculiar Institution.
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
- That Glimmer of Life: Death, The Energy Body & Its Aura
- When persons are nearing death, their auras change dramatically. As a mystic and healer with many years experience, I have probably had more opportunities than most to observe the auras of people with terminal illnesses, in the weeks, days, hours and minutes...
Body Mysteries >> Auras
- Sign Characteristics: Sagittarius
- Quadruplicity Mutable Day of the week Thursday Birthstones Brilliant Lapis-lazuli Turquoise Sapphire Colours Blue Purple Yellow Green Flowers Carnation Daisy Iris Metals Tin Essences Musk Violet Animals Horse Deer Peacock Swan GENERAL FEATURES Fire sign ruled...
Astrology >> Saggitarius
- Group Mind Basics (GM1)
- Anyone who has ever spoken in front of a group of people, knows that there is a peculiar sensation associated with the experience. A tightness of the throat often appears, or the speaker “gets butterflies in their stomach”. Just as in the case of person to...
Mind >> Telepathy and Group Mind
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai. 19:2 For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Crystallization of Truth
- There exists One Indivisible Truth , around which all other concepts and systems revolve. Around this central Sun of Reality, every philosophy, religion and social ideal orbits without fail. The search for this essential essence has been a primary focus...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 Ye are the children of the LORD your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead. 14:2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
Peculiar Institution is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Peculiar Institution books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The new 'peculiar institution':
- The new 'peculiar institution': On the prison as surrogate ghetto. LOÏC WACQUANT.
- A PECULIAR PLACE FOR THE PECULIAR INSTITUTION:
- Utah may have been a peculiar place for the “peculiar institution” of slavery, but .
- A Peculiar Institution
- of the peculiar institution that has emerged in the United States since the. 1970s. .
- Civic Engagement Case Study Interpreting Slavery
- Making Visible the Peculiar Institution: Interpreting Slavery at the. Sotterley Plantation. Sotterley Plantation, Inc.
- The New 'Peculiar Institution'
- Sep 13, 2010 The New `Peculiar Institution': : On the Prison as Surrogate Ghetto. Published by: http://www.sagepublications.
Suggested News Resources
- A Free Mind, An Unfree Man
- By CHARLES S. DAMERON The American South could hardly have been more on edge about its "peculiar institution" in the fall of 1831.
- Somerville teacher studies Caribbean slave trade
- Somerville residents may be unfamiliar with the history of Caribbean slavery, Somerville High School history teacher Jennifer Ross took an intensive, weeklong seminar in Barbados to examine how the “peculiar institution” took root in the region.
- Fourth-place finish in Iowa straw poll revitalizes Santorum's campaign
- The Ames straw poll may be a peculiar institution - campaigns pay for voters' tickets to the fund-raiser for the state GOP - but the event was do-or-die for Santorum.
Suggested Web Resources
- Peculiar institution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- "(Our) peculiar institution" was a euphemism for slavery and the economic ramifications of it in the American South.
- The Peculiar Institution [ushistory.org]
- "The Peculiar Institution" is slavery. Its history in America begins with the earliest European settlements and ends with the Civil War.
- Amazon.com: Peculiar Institution: Slavery in the Ante-Bellum South
- Amazon.com: Peculiar Institution: Slavery in the Ante-Bellum South ( 9780679723073): Kenneth M. Stampp: Books.
- Peculiar institution: Information from Answers.com
- Peculiar Institution Peculiar Institution was a euphemistic term that white southerners used for slavery.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Peculiar Institution Topics
Related searchesdream dictionary kitten
mayra santos febres