Pedro Menndez De Avils
- Officials unclear whether Menendez Noche de Gala in St. Augustine will return
- The black-tie gala normally would have taken place this month in honor of the birthday of Pedro Menendez de Aviles. The city hosted the event each year before handing it over to the Casa Monica in 2011. No one came forward this year to host the gala, ...
- Lincolnville pays tribute to its civil rights icon
- Local historian and author David Nolan said future historians would be likely to name three dominant figures in St. Augustine's history since the Europeans arrived: Pedro Menendez, Henry Flagler and Hayling. “I prefer Dr.
- Two-day event spotlights cultural collision on Mound Key
- Starting Friday, a two-day event will explore the relationship between the Calusa king and Spaniard Pedro Menendez de Aviles, and its repercussions, which echo to this day. In addition to lectures by world-renowned archaeologists and historians, ...
- Fountain of Youth, St. Augustine National Cemetery could get national recognition
- In addition to its role as an attraction, the Fountain of Youth is known for its history — among other things, remnants of a Timucuan Indian village and the 1500s settlement of Pedro Menendez de Aviles were found on site.
- First Coast is a region rich with history and memorable building blocks
- The actual founding of the first permanent European settlement came in 1565, when Pedro Menendez de Aviles arrived at “San Augustin.” Spain continued in control for the next two centuries. Occasionally, there were interlopers.
Pedro Menndez De Avils is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pedro Menndez De Avils books and related discussion.