A selection of articles related to penal reform.
Original articles from our library related to the Penal Reform. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Penal Reform.
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- The Crystallization of Truth
- There exists One Indivisible Truth , around which all other concepts and systems revolve. Around this central Sun of Reality, every philosophy, religion and social ideal orbits without fail. The search for this essential essence has been a primary focus...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 5
- WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME A foot and light-hearted I take to the open road, Healthy, free, and the world before me, The long brown path before me leading Wherever I choose. Henceforth I ask not for good fortune, I myself am good fortune, Henceforth I...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Evil Hypnosis
- "Evil" hypnosis is what I call the popular view of hypnosis as something that is used by devious agencies or individuals to control people's minds surreptitiously. Mind control or behavior control are possible with hypnosis only temporarily, and...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- The World Mind and Consciousness (GM4)
- Few would argue the fact that today's world is literally permeated with conflict at every level of society. Yet the governments and institutions of the world are, for the most part, unable to alleviate the pain and fear that is increasing among us. Most...
Mind >> World Mind
- Dealing With World Mind Effects Through Greater Self Mastery (GM5)
- At one time or another, we have all experienced occasions where other people in the same room began to have a heated argument. The psychic dissonance created at that time, produced in us symptoms of shakiness, nervousness, a scattered thought pattern or other...
Mind >> World Mind
- The Perpetual Raising: Part 3
- (Part 3 of 5) The body is an instrument through which we interact with the physical plane, as souls or conscious beings. As we refine this instrument through meditation, and ideally with pure foods and sufficient exercise, the body becomes, “a spiritual...
Mind >> World Mind
Penal Reform is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Penal Reform books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Gove: I can reform prisons without cutting inmate numbers
- The revelation sits uneasily with Gove's new image as a champion of penal reform and will disappoint campaigners, who say a radical reduction in prisoner numbers – which have risen from 45,000 in 1990 to almost 86,000 today – must be central to reform.
- Dani Garavelli: Cameron must ignore prison reform backlash
- Just as significantly, we are now having a debate about sentencing. A campaign to scrap terms of under 12 months in favour of community-based alternatives is gaining momentum, with HM Chief Inspector of Prisons, penal reform charities and several local ...
- UK Prison Reform a Step Toward Reducing Recidivism
- 8 speech to the London-based think tank Policy Exchange, he called for reforms that would not treat prisoners as liabilities to be controlled, but rather as "potential assets to be harnessed.
- Ben H. Bagdikian, media critic and journalist with key role in Pentagon Papers
- Mr. Bagdikian had a multifaceted career as a reporter and editor, including a daring undercover mission for The Post when he posed as an inmate at a Pennsylvania prison while doing an investigative series on the penal system.
- Drugs and violence rife at HMP Doncaster says scathing inspection report on
- Prison inspectors have issued a damning report of a privately run prison, operated by a company that could still be in line for more contracts in David Cameron 's reform drive.
Penal Reform Topics
Related searchesbranch of service
strategic arms limitation talks
all-black cast broadway shows