A selection of articles related to pendle witches.
Original articles from our library related to the Pendle Witches. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pendle Witches.
- Hecate: Patroness Of Witchcraft and Witches
- Myth of Hecate Hecate is known as the dark Goddess of the moon. She witnessed the abduction of Persephone, daughter of Demeter. She was able to act as a mediator when Demeter bargained with Zeus to rescue her daughter. Hecate herself, presided over Persephone'...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Wicca: It's Traditions and Concepts
- What is Wicca? | Wiccan Traditions | Wiccan Concepts What is Wicca? 'An it Harm None, Do what Thou Will' shall be the whole of the law. It's the rede that most Wiccan witches around the world bind themselves to. What exactly is Wicca? It's a religion based on...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- A Basic View of Paganism or Bambi Pagansim
- "You people are all so nice! I like the idea of Paganism, but I don't think I could be that nice all the time." The writer was genuinely perplexed and driven to ask me if it is really possible that Pagans, Witches and Wiccans really lived such...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Religious Tolerance In Springfield and the Greenleaf Coven
- Religious intolerance is alive and well in Springfield Missouri. The question is, to what degree, and in the terminology of "The Burning Times", how high are the flames? In 1999, the court case of Jean Webb vs. The City of Republic was a headliner...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
Pendle Witches is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pendle Witches books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Walking With Witches Trail
- Pendle Hill. This mysterious brooding landmark will forever be associated with the. Pendle Witches, but the hill was also the subject of religious inspiration.
- Pendle Witches VV
- RIDes | Pendle Witches VV. Pendle Witches VV. Rawtenstall, Lancashire, April 4 www.
- We rode it - Pendle Witches Vintage Velo
- Pendle Witches Vintage Velo. Rawtenstall, Lancashire, April 4,.
- Pendle Scenic Road Trails
- This Pendle Witches Scenic Car Trail is one of three wonderful scenic car trails. There is also a Pendle Witches Walking Trail,a longer Road Trail and a. DVD.
Suggested News Resources
- TV documentary on Pendle Witches on BBC4 tonight
- AWARD-WINNING poet Simon Armitage is to present a new documentary on one of the key figures in the story of the Pendle Witches.
- Justice in the new Tower dungeon
- a few shocks to be had – will visit the dark chapel of Lytham priory, a plague room, torture chamber, courtroom for the judgement of sinners, Viking settlement, smugglers in Skippool, Pendle's witches, and the crazy characters associated with each.
- VIDEO: Pendle prepares to mark four hundredth anniversary of witch trials
- By Lauren Brown Actors from Blackpool Tower Dungeon descended at the foot of Pendle Hill to re-enact the story of the Pendle Witches for a forthcoming tour at the seaside destination telling the historical Lancashire tale.
- What's on: Pendle Walking Festival, September 3 to 11
- With the 400th anniversary of the Pendle Witches on the horizon in 2012, three special Witches Trail walks have been arranged.
- Barrowford author lends expertise for BBC documentary
- By Jon Livesey » Reporter AN author from Barrowford lent his expertise to help the team behind a documentary on one of the key figures in the story of Pendle witches.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Pendle Witches or Lancashire Witches
- The Pendle Witches: A true story of murder, witchcraft and revenge. Read the authentic confessions of Englands' most notorious witches.
- Pendle witches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The trials of the Pendle witches in 1612 are among the most famous witch trials in English history, and some of the best recorded of the 17th century.
- Pendle Hill Witches | Pendle Witches - A tale of mystery and murder
- Discover the history and mystery of the Pendle Hill Witches, the most famous witches in the land.
- Billy Connolly Pendle Witches - YouTube
- Sep 5, 2007 Billy Connolly travels through Pendle and tells the story of pendle witches.
- the pendle witches, my proof.
- Jan 25, 2011 Some of you might remember that i said on the orginal tw forum that i am diect decendant of a pendle witch, by marriage.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.