A selection of articles related to peneus.
Original articles from our library related to the Peneus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Peneus.
- A river spirit (male), Patron of the Pinios River, in Thessaly. He is the father of the Nymph Daphne....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- (Laurel) A daughter of Peneus. She was nymph who, uncharacteristic of the breed, abhorred the embrace of men, and preferred to dance in solitude among the mountain meadows. Pursued by Apollo, she emplored her father to keep her chaste. He transformed her into...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Peneus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Peneus books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The 'blind bow-boy' rules on Valentine's Day
- Daphne was so averse to her wooer, she cried out to her father, the river god Peneus, for help escaping and he transformed her into a laurel tree. From then on the tree was sacred to Apollo, who wore a crown of laurel ever after. Cupid was sometimes ...
- Tell Me A Story: CUPID'S GOLDEN ARROW (A Greek Myth)
- Daughter of the river king, Peneus, Cupid had struck her with his silver arrow. Daphne no longer desired the company of men. Indeed, when a handsome young man named Leucippus fell in love with her, he dressed in women's clothing and joined her band ...
- Faits divers Nancy : collision avenue de la Garenne
- Nancy. Un fourgon de location qui transportait des peneus et une voiture, sont entrés en collision à l'intersection de l'avenue de la Garenne et de la ... Abonnez-vous à l'Est Républicain pour lire cet article.
- A Bela e a Fera: mulher e tanque russo
- Viivi Pumpanen, a modelo finlandesa que recebeu o título Miss Suomi 2010 e representou a Finlândia no concurso de beleza Miss Universo no ano passado, subiu em um tanque soviético T-55 para um interessante teste de direção.
- Teach Yourself Italian
- Exhausted, the nymph, unable to outstrip the god, begs her father, Peneus, a river divinity, to help her.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchessacred architecture
wahhabism early history of wahhabism
pathogenic theories of disease
visitor pattern java
changeling external link