A selection of articles related to pentatonic scale.
Original articles from our library related to the Pentatonic Scale. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pentatonic Scale.
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Planes of Existence
- As shown in this diagram, planes of existence should not, as they commonly are, be thought of as discreet states but rather as a continuous scale. As we distinguish between body, mind and soul, we must equally distinguish between physical, mental, and...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 3
- One of the very best ways to raise personal or group consciousness, is to MANIFEST spiritual Intentions into the environment at large. The projection of love into one’s surroundings for instance, results in love being reflected back to the sender, like...
Mind >> World Mind
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 5
- All things in the universe have at their basis, one fundamental essence which governs their creation, destruction and on-going actions. That singular essence is consciousness, (also known by some as God, or the Unified Field). Everywhere in Nature does...
Mind >> World Mind
- Planet: Saturn Sign: Capricorn Day: Saturday Saturn is the planet with the beautiful rings; this points at the organized and strict character of this planet-spirit. Saturn is the last (personal) planet that can be seen with the bare eye; for more distant...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
Pentatonic Scale is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pentatonic Scale books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Guitar theory: Pentatonic Scales Major Pentatonic Scale
- Guitar theory: Pentatonic Scales. Tried and true, this is the scale we all love to use. Guitar legends have been made from this scale.
- SHREDDING COLTRANE CHANGES WITH THE BASIC
- “Solo over Coltrane changes using only the basic pentatonic scale!” approach you can solo over the entire song using only one pentatonic scale shape.
- 6/9 chords and pentatonic scales
- THE 69 CHORD AND PENTATONIC SCALE. Most musicians are familiar with the number 69 for one reason or another.
- XII. Pentatonic Scales
- A “pentatonic” scale is simply any scale that consists of 5 notes. The “Major Pentatonic Scale” is identical to a major scale with the 4th and 7th degrees omitted.
- Pentatonic Scale #2
- sists of five notes it's considered a pentatonic scale. By altering A Major pentatonic scale a step above covers the 9th, 3rd, 11, 6th and the major 7th. #.
Suggested News Resources
- Meet the 19-Year-Old Who Built Björk's 'Virus' App -- and Some of the First
- It still felt like there was something missing, so we added a little code just to give it some sound, then brought that onto a pentatonic scale so that the notes sounded good together, and submitted it to the App Store.
- For composer Jung Choo, love of country despite 65 years of exile
- With his symphony “Motherland,” which employs a traditional pentatonic scale, Jung graduated from The Tchaikovsky National Academy of Music summa cum laude.
- Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal Review 2
- This explains a frequent five-note pentatonic scale. With a subdued oboe opening, the work is a “tone-poem” of the hubbub emanating from the descent to ground of a flock of birds before they lapse into quietude.
- Lilting native sounds lure flute maker to craft
- "Because it's a pentatonic scale, like a blues scale, you can pick up and improvise and it sounds good right away, and people get really hooked." After buying several more flutes, Norris decided in 2000 to make his own.
- Quick licks: easy #4
- The chords outlined are supplied above and notice the use of 4ths and 6th intervals derived from the major pentatonic scale of the chord of the moment. Use a Fender Twin type clean tone to put it all together.
Suggested Web Resources
- Pentatonic scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A pentatonic scale is a musical scale with five notes per octave in contrast to a heptatonic (seven note) scale such as the major scale and minor scale.
- Understanding Pentatonic Scales - Soloing Over Major and Minor
- Pentatonic scales are the staple of rock guitar. They are also widely used in jazz, blues, country and bluegrass music.
- Learn Guitar - Pentatonic Scale Patterns - 01 - YouTube
- Mar 9, 2007 http://www.Fretboard-Domination.com - How to use pentatonic scale patterns over chords.
- Pentatonic Guitar Scales
- Here are videos and tablature for all 5 pentatonic guitar scale patterns.
- Five Positions of the Pentatonic Scale for Guitar
- The pentatonic scale is one of the most commonly used in all styles of music.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.