A selection of articles related to pentheus.
Original articles from our library related to the Pentheus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pentheus.
- King Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus
- The story of king Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus is both horrifying and carries a certain warning. There arrived one day in Thebes a dancing god of great beauty and magnetism. So strong was his pull that all the women in that town...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Pentheus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pentheus books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- At Nasher, a collection and a gift
- The Triangle and Durham, especially, are lucky to have at this moment in time huge collections of contemporary art of the last 10 years in two important exhi-bitions; one at Duke's Nasher Museum of Art and the other at Hotel 21c.
- Theater Review (NYC): Euripides' 'The Bacchae' from the Faux-Real Theater Company
- Consumed by curiosity, the stubborn king agrees with the god's logic – and, as staged here, the sensual allure – of dressing as a woman to go and spy on the Bacchae at their murderous rites. Pentheus's death and beheading at the hands of his entranced ...
- Rocky Horror meets Greek Tragedy
- Dionysus arrives in Thebes and demands to be worshipped, casting his spell on the young King Pentheus's mother and two aunts. The stuck-up and self-righteous Pentheus (Miguel Roy) refuses to yield to the demigod's demands. “I Need a Hero” by Bonnie ...
- Theatre St. Thomas finishes up successful run of The Bacchae
- One is conservative and rational, represented by king Pentheus, ruler of Thebes, played by Miguel Roy. The other is the impulsive and passionate side represented by god Dionysus, played by Alex Rioux. “When Pentheus and Dionysus meet, there is that ...
- Euripides' «Bacchen» am Theater Basel: In den Brutkästen des Wahns
- Dionysos und Pentheus, Rausch und Ratio, schlummern hier, jeder für sich, in den Brutkästen des Wahns. Dann fahren die Lampen hoch, beleuchten die ganze Szenerie, vereinigen den Gott der Fruchtbarkeit und den jungen König von Theben im gleichen ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.