A selection of articles related to peregrine falcon.
Original articles from our library related to the Peregrine Falcon. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Peregrine Falcon.
- The falcon, soaring with outstretched wings was already in Predynastic times seen as the sky-god, his eyes were called the sun and the moon. The sky, the sun and the falcon were at this time equaled with the king and out of this came the symbol of the winged...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Shapeshifting in Celtic Myth
- The theme of shapeshifting is found in Celtic myth regardless of the specific country one invesigates. Thoughout my studies of Celtic lore I have found that there were very specific reasons or circumstances for shapeshifting. These reasons fall into at least...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Norse God of Mischief, Trickery. Divine Catalyst, Breaker of Stagnation, Force for change. Giant brother of Odin. Loki wavers between a weal-bringing culture-hero/trickster and a woe-bringing destroyer. He is responsible for getting the gods most of their...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
Peregrine Falcon is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Peregrine Falcon books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Real peregrine falcons of Downtown Phoenix
- "This is a perfect example of wildlife being everywhere," said Randy Babb, watchable wildlife program manager for the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
- Help name Tamarack wildlife center's Peregrine falcon
- SAEGERTOWN — Tamarack Wildlife Rehabilitation and Education Center is pleased to announce a new addition to its family of education birds: an adult male Peregrine falcon. “Peregrine” means “wanderer” in Latin. The bird has wandered all the way from ...
- Peregrine falcons get new home overlooking lakefront
- The peregrine falcon boxes in the past have been located at the B.C. Cobb Energy plant which is scheduled to cease operations and eventually be redeveloped.
- The peregrine falcon named Diana is back at LG&E 's nesting box
- LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – Spring is almost here and the birds are already coming back north – including LG&E's peregrine falcon, Diana. The company says the bird has nested in the company's falcon box, set up at the Mill Creek Power Plant, since 2006.
- Peregrine falcon released after recovery from broken bones (PHOTOS)
- It took just seconds for a peregrine falcon to disappear over Spruce Run Reservoir following his release Friday morning.
Peregrine Falcon Topics
Related searchesbernard ebbers personality
bertrand russell ethics
colchicine biological function
khoikhoi mythology gunab
meaning of dreams rain