A selection of articles related to peregrine falcon.
Original articles from our library related to the Peregrine Falcon. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Peregrine Falcon.
- The falcon, soaring with outstretched wings was already in Predynastic times seen as the sky-god, his eyes were called the sun and the moon. The sky, the sun and the falcon were at this time equaled with the king and out of this came the symbol of the winged...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Shapeshifting in Celtic Myth
- The theme of shapeshifting is found in Celtic myth regardless of the specific country one invesigates. Thoughout my studies of Celtic lore I have found that there were very specific reasons or circumstances for shapeshifting. These reasons fall into at least...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Norse God of Mischief, Trickery. Divine Catalyst, Breaker of Stagnation, Force for change. Giant brother of Odin. Loki wavers between a weal-bringing culture-hero/trickster and a woe-bringing destroyer. He is responsible for getting the gods most of their...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
Peregrine Falcon is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Peregrine Falcon books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Peregrine Falcon
- Peregrine Falcon. (Falco peregrinus). The peregrine falcon is one of nature's swiftest and most beautiful birds of prey.
- Peregrine Falcon, Falco peregrinus
- is displayed by peregrine falcons, the females of which can be as much as one- third larger The peregrine falcon's call is a series of quick, loud, kee notes.
- Peregrine Falcon
- Ohio Division of Wildlife. Life History Notes. Peregrine Falcon.
Suggested News Resources
- Peregrine Falcon Nesting Season Concludes – Population Continues To Grow
- Ohioâ€™s peregrine falcon program is supported by the state income tax check-off program, donations to the Wildlife Diversity and Endangered Species Fund, and sales of the Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp, and the cardinal license plate.
- Falcon takes to wandering across South
- By AP CHATTANOOGA — Lookout, the fledgling Rock City peregrine falcon, is just what his name says: He's a wanderer. Satellite telemetry already has tracked Lookout in a clockwise loop through four states, said falconer and ornithologist John Stokes.
- I conquered Cape Split
- Other feathery visitors include the merlin and, more rarely, the peregrine falcon. A little offshore, poking up through the stream, a series of rock pillars stand in a row, looking like sentinels guarding the entrance to Minas Basin.
- Endangered Bird Makes a Brief Visit to Tribeca
- A peregrine falcon—an endangered bird of prey that likes to nest in some of New York's high bridges and buildings—landed on Berger's balcony in Independence Plaza, staying for only five minutes but long enough for Kruger to take its portrait.
- Young Peregrine Falcon put down after injury
- Officials from the Peregrine Fund says it had to be put down after a maintenance worker discovered it injured. The falcon was taken to a local veterinarian who discovered that both legs were broken.
Suggested Web Resources
- Peregrine Falcon, Identification, All About Birds - Cornell Lab of
- Learn how to identify Peregrine Falcon, its life history, cool facts, sounds and calls, and watch videos.
- Peregrine Falcon
- Several photographs and information on this species including its size, habitat, diet, reproduction and how it got its name.
- Peregrine Falcon Facts - Falco peregrinus - Defenders of Wildlife
- Get the facts on peregrine falcons. Peregrine falcons are the fastest flying birds in the world. Take action and help save peregrine falcons.
- Peregrine Falcons, Peregrine Falcon Pictures, Peregrine Falcon
- Learn all you wanted to know about peregrine falcons with pictures, videos, photos, facts, and news from National Geographic.
Peregrine Falcon Topics
Related searchesmedici art and architecture
battle of longewala battle plan
inca empire religion
aim-7 sparrowrim-7 sea sparrow
regina saskatchewan demographics
world peace notes