- Sit Down. “Standing With” Some Important Cause Doesn't Make You a Hero.
- Users of “stand with” seem to want the phrase to be what linguists call a performative utterance: Something that, just by being said, creates an actual change in social reality. (Classic example: saying “I do” at the altar.
- Two New Books Explore Life After Performance
- With Full Moon Stages, Malina proves the prose/poetry distinction. Indeed, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this book is not in fact a book, but rather an atypical explicit performative utterance. Unlike J.
- Naga peace: road ahead still uncertain
- The organization's statements are probably best read as what critical theorists call performative utterances. There are a number of phrases in use in the last few years of the Naga peace process that have the same performative effect.
Performative Utterances is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Performative Utterances books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Performative Utterances Topics
Related searchesrisk management limitations
thanos powers and abilities
olympiad cultural olympiad
13th duke of argyll