- Speech Act Theory and Performative Utterances
- Speech Act Theory and Performative Utterances. Sven Lauer, Linguist 130a: Introduction to Linguistic Meaning, Win 2011. February 22, 2011.
- Funkhouser Austin, “Performance Utterances” I. - comp.uark.edu
- PHIL 4233: Philosophy of Language. Prof. Funkhouser.
- Austin, “Performative Utterances”
- Austin, “Performative Utterances”. Historically, “the only things that [philosophers] are interested in are utterances which report facts” (p. 136).
- whether what Dionysius Thrax once thought was the truth about
- would be an operative clause and is a performative utterance. However, the Word These performative utterances are not true or false, then.
- Arbitrary Power in America's Pastime
- Umpires' calls are what philosophers of language call "performative utterances"—their say-so is what makes it so. A runner isn't out when he's tagged; he's out when the umpire says the word.
- Performative utterance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search. The notion of performative utterances was introduced by language philosopher J.
- John Austin on performative utterances
- John Austin on performative utterances. (From: J. L.
- Argumentics: Performative Utterances
- Feb 1, 2011 The article, “Performative Utterances”, delivered by Austin as a talk in 1956 and reprinted in Austin (1970), is just the summary we need.
- These are examples of 'explicit performative utterances', statements in form but not in fact. Or so thought their discoverer, J. L.
Performative Utterances is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Performative Utterances books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Performative Utterances Topics
Related searchespaleocene paleocene climate
x-ray tube x-ray tube function
chapterhouse dune synopsis
affirmative action organizations
the outsiders novel the socs
plsql cursor for loops