- Deconstructing the Avengers
- Compared to Captain America and Black Widow, who are endowed with the powers of illocution and perlocution respectively, the Vision stands on the next level: he is the verb itself, the active element of language, that which acts but is never acted upon.
- FYI, See Below
- Instead, the forward works as a perlocution, an utterance that hopes to get an interlocutor to do something without explicitly asking for it. This is what the corporate forward does. FYI says “for your information,” but it means something else.
- Tim Keller on Adam and Eve (RJS)
- The white paper written by Tim Keller for the November workshop “In Search of a Theology of Celebration” is posted on the BioLogos web site: Creation, Evolution, and Christian Laypeople (or direct link).
Perlocutions is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Perlocutions books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesfilibuster the filibuster today
kishore kumar childhood
arabic grammar participle
rabindranath tagore literature
short story genres