A selection of articles related to perseus constellation.
Original articles from our library related to the Perseus Constellation. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Perseus Constellation.
- Perseus as he frees Andromeda
- Aries as the male tendency to fight for a cause, perhaps rarely realizing the cause may just as well be an effort to liberate something within as trying to fight for a worldly prize. The picture shows Perseus as he frees Andromeda from the cliff which she is...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- From Agape to Praxis: The Fourfold Nature of Love
- It is said that one can tell what a culture knows best by counting the number of words their language uses to describe a concept. Eskimos have many words for snow and the classical Greeks had many words for love. I have isolated four Greek words that I feel...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
- ASTRONICA: Blessing or Nightmare for Astrology?
- If NASA's engineers only had eleventh-century astronomy knowledge, do you think they could have landed the "Rover" on Mars? If modern day astrophysicists could only make use of ancient Assyrian astronomy, do you think they would have been able to...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Perseus Constellation is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Perseus Constellation books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Presentation Brochure
- In mid-August shooting stars seem to come from the Perseus constellation – is it the Golden rain from Zeus, his father? Lisbon Representative. Av.
- Constellations Tonight
- PERSEUS. Deneb. CYGNUS.
Suggested News Resources
- Pull up a chair; watch meteor shower
- The Perseids were named because the meteors appear to shoot from the Perseus constellation.
- Hiking in woods on a starry night
- Names as such because it comes out of the Perseus constellation, it has been watched for over 2000 years. It has been some time since the Nature Center did anything with this particular meteor shower which is what Henning has set out to change.
- The wandering mathematician and the meteor shower
- The Perseid meteor shower owes its name to the Perseus constellation where the meteors appear to come from. The phenomenon starts in July and will peak on Saturday this year.
- Adventure briefs for Aug. 12
- The meteors got their name because they seem to originate in the Perseus constellation. The shower is one of the most popular of the year and can peak with up to 60 meteors per hour. Meet at the amphitheater on the south side of Weld County Road 24½.
- Bipedal nature center
- (The Perseid meteor shower occurs every year from late July through mid-August in the northern hemisphere and is so named because the meteors appear to come from the center of the Perseus constellation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Perseus (constellation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Perseus is a constellation in the northern sky, named after the Greek hero Perseus.
- The constellation Perseus is found during the winter in the Northern Hemisphere, and during the summer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- The Mythology of the Constellations: Perseus
- Perseus. Perseus was one of the great heroes of classical mythology.
- Perseus Constellation: Myth, Stars, Deep Sky Objects, Comets
- Perseus constellation is one of the oldest known constellations in the night sky, dating back to ancient Greek times.
Perseus Constellation Topics
Related searchesiaido history
kendriya vidyalaya school prayer
music of guatemala
mansfield ohio history
live nation history
agaricales life cycle
pierre raymond de montmort