A selection of articles related to persian poetry.
Original articles from our library related to the Persian Poetry. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Persian Poetry.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Arcane Ruminations
- Special Plates Notice how each particle moves. Notice how everyone has just arrived here from a journey. Notice how each wants a different food. Notice how the stars vanish as the sun comes up, and how all streams stream toward the ocean. Look at the chefs...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Muses
- Nine Goddesses, the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, charged with overseeing intellectual and artistic endeavor: Erato, Euterpe, Kalliope, Klio, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, and Urania. The realms of the muses: Erato Love Poetry Euterpe Lyric...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Persian Poetry is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Persian Poetry books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Two Poems from Iranian Poet, Forugh Farrokhzad, 1957 and 1965
- Two Poems from Iranian Poet, Forugh Farrokhzad, 1957 and 1965. Islamfiche Project. Preface.
- Persian Poetry and Calligraphy
- Director of The Roshan. Cultural Heritage Institute of. Persian Studies.
Suggested News Resources
- Persian wedding spread, where tradition meets desire
- Some families also keep aside a book of Persian poetry by Hafez or Rumi. Once the guests who are actually witnesses to the marriage arrive, the ceremony is initiated.
- Reza Badiyi dies at 81; prolific TV director
- "He was very passionate about his Persian heritage," said Milanian, recalling that Badiyi could recite Persian poetry by heart. "Even though he moved away from Iran, he was still very connected to his community.
- Literati meet Supreme Leader
- The Leader described poetry in the country a developing movement and said that the present situation is promising a new flourishing era of Persian poetry in the near future.
- Author ages with labor of love: exhaustive Iran encyclopedia
- In the mid-1990s he was troubled that Persian poetry — in his view, his people's greatest cultural contribution — was being ignored.
- Peep into Past
- The book is based on the Urdu translation of the Persian poetry - MAJMOOA MASMOOA - the related stories written by Pirzada Ghulam Rasool Shiva Zoonimari ( migrated later to Gamroo Bandipora), father of the historian Pir Hasan Shah Fazili Khoihami.
Suggested Web Resources
- persian poetry @ blissbat
- English translations of and information about Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi and Omar Khayyam, including side-by-side comparisons of various translations.
- Poetry in Persian and Iranian Poetry at Best Iran Travel.com
- Life and poetry of famous Persian poets, Rumi, Hafez, Khayam, and Saadi.
- Hafiz Life & Poetry @ HafizOnLove.com - حافـظ شیرازی
- May 8, 2007 Poetry of Hafiz in the original Persian and English translations, biography, art gallery, links and more...
- Modern Persian Poetry - Iranian Women Poets
- Iranian Women Poets, with FREE extracts from their Poetry.
Persian Poetry Topics
dream dictionary swearing
bene gesserit training from childhood
the elements song
rabbi lionel blue
photolysis role in photosynthesis