A selection of articles related to personification.
Original articles from our library related to the Personification. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Personification.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Personification of Divine Knowledge or Omniscience, which together with Heka (divine power) and Hu, personification of Divine Utterance, were neccessary for the King´s creative powers during the Old Kingdom. They are seen together with the falcon-headed...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Victory. Irish/British A female personification of Victory, especially in a martial sense. A very appropriate personification of her is seen in the historical Boadicca, Queen of the Iceni, who fought the Romans to a standstill in the first century CE....
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Prometheus and the force of fire
- Look at a flame of a fire or just a small candle. See how mesmerizing the ever-changing forms of the fire are? Do you experience the pleasant warmth, romantic feelings or sense of truly being at home, brought about by the flames? From old fire is regarded as...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- (Violence) Daughter of Athene, She is the personification of destructive force....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Personification is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Personification books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- İ2008 abcteach.com. PERSONIFICATION is giving human qualities to something that is not human.
- Tall and blue true and open So open my arms have room for all the
- This poem offers a chance to explore personification (attributing human qualities to something nonhuman).
- Personification (pronounced: PER-son-if-i-kay-shun) is when a writer makes a How many times is personification used in this poem?
- E. H. Gombrich, Personification in R. R. Bolgar (ed.), Classical
- E. H. Gombrich, Personification in R.
Suggested News Resources
- Personification of poetry
- Similarly, in most of her poems, she reflects on incidents from her personal life. â€œHer poems are a personification of her,â€ said Manoj, a friend of hers.
- 'Personification of evil'
- “Those three words made me the personification of evil,” Ciavarella said in an Associated Press report. We say Ciavarella earned that reputation through his own actions.
- House Democrat Says She Couldn't Make Debt Vote in Time
- The “personification of courage” is how Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi described the Arizona Democrat, still battling to recover from a gunshot wound to the head. But another Democrat, Rep.
- David Shribman: Obama, Romney appear to be failing passion test
- Instead, the president has merely stumbled, and how he went from the leader of the crowd outside the Bastille to the personification of the ancien regime is one of the great mysteries of the age.
Suggested Web Resources
- Personification | Define Personification at Dictionary.com
- Personification definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
- Personification is giving human traits (qualities, feelings, action, or characteristics ) to non-living objects (things, colors, qualities, or ideas).
- "Wind yells while blowing". "Wind yells while blowing" is an example of personification because wind cannot yell. Only a living thing can yell.
- personification - definition and examples of personification - figure of
- A figure of speech in which an inanimate object or abstraction is endowed with human qualities or abilities.
- Personification is giving human qualities to animals or objects. Example: a smiling moon, a jovial sun.
Related searchesdream dictionary napkin
ramdhari singh dinkar
obedience training history
slaking battle strategy
meaning of dreams about partner
man and spirituality
anglo-burmese british occupation