A selection of articles related to personifications.
Original articles from our library related to the Personifications. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Personifications.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Earthmind Material
- Part 1 | Part 2 Author's Note All references made in the first person(s) herein, are grammatical conveniences created for the sake of the reader. Such words as "I", "OUR", and "I/WE" are therefore not meant to be taken as literal...
Mind >> World Mind
- The great god of the Nile was called Hapi. In sacred art, he was depicted as a man, somewhat overweight to symbolize abundance, and with female breasts to symbolize the river’s fertile properties. He is an ancient god, to the Egyptians as well as modern man,...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Celtic Gods and Heroes: The Gods of Ancient Ireland
- Celtic peoples established themselves in Ireland about 2,500 years ago. But humans had inhabited the island long before that, as evidenced by the monument site at Newgrange dating to 3000 B.C., as well as the prehistoric megaliths at Carrowmore in Sligo, and...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Personifications is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Personifications books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Gordon-Levitt leaves 'Sandman' over creative differences
- FILE - In this Nov. 18, 2015 file photo, actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt attends the LA Premiere of "The Night Before" in Los Angeles.
- LeBrun: Regime change nears for New York state Board of Regents
- Rosa has been a steadfast opponent of Tisch and former state Education Commissioner John King, the personifications of the state's disastrous misadventure with Common Core and the failed blame-the-teacher movement. King, of course, was booted ...
- Understand metaphor, understand the world, understand yourself
- Four years ago, David R. Godine brought out Farnsworth's Classical English Rhetoric, a splendid catalogue of tropes, richly illustrated with examples. Reading the examples was a treat in itself.
- Sculptural transformations: destruction and reuse in Roman London
- Reused blocks from an arch and screen of gods in London, carved with fine reliefs of gods, goddesses, and personifications of the moon and seasons, were discovered in the 1970s in the late Roman riverside wall. In a world where valuable bronze was ...
- Women's Day 2016: Supergirl, Wonder Woman and other superheroes that prove
- Female superheroes are not just the big-chested, scantily clad women that were the personifications of teenage boys' sexual fantasies.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesclenshaw algorithm
theodore kaczynski life in prison
history of celtic fc wim jansen
middle class sociological definition
noahs ark after the flood