A selection of articles related to personifications.
Original articles from our library related to the Personifications. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Personifications.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Earthmind Material
- Part 1 | Part 2 Author's Note All references made in the first person(s) herein, are grammatical conveniences created for the sake of the reader. Such words as "I", "OUR", and "I/WE" are therefore not meant to be taken as literal...
Mind >> World Mind
- The great god of the Nile was called Hapi. In sacred art, he was depicted as a man, somewhat overweight to symbolize abundance, and with female breasts to symbolize the river’s fertile properties. He is an ancient god, to the Egyptians as well as modern man,...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Celtic Gods and Heroes: The Gods of Ancient Ireland
- Celtic peoples established themselves in Ireland about 2,500 years ago. But humans had inhabited the island long before that, as evidenced by the monument site at Newgrange dating to 3000 B.C., as well as the prehistoric megaliths at Carrowmore in Sligo, and...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Personifications is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Personifications books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The “Mastermind”: Personifications of Evil in the Cinema Thomas
- The “Mastermind”: Personifications of Evil in the Cinema. Thomas Riegler. Abstract.
- Personifications and Metaphors in Babylonian Celestial Omina
- Personifications and Metaphors in Babylonian Celestial Omina. Author(s): Francesca Rochberg. Source: Journal of the American Oriental Society, Vol.
Suggested News Resources
- People are touched by a story of authentic love
- Our own icons, Walter and Albertina Sisulu, were not just famous for their sterling contribution to the struggle against apartheid but they stoodd out as personifications of a durable love that healed pain caused by adversity and political turmoil.
- Apple Patent Filing Could Put Plan and Carrier Changes in Your Pocket
- Apple sketched out several personifications of the system, but the most persuasive are the first two. Long story short, they describe how it could be feasible to modify your plan and even carrier right from your phone.
- Jewish Lesbian Poetry for a New Generation
- Other poets are more subtle in their personifications of God, like Ellen Bass in her beautiful poem “Loving a Woman,” which begins with the speaker hearing the voice of God at age 19 while taking LSD.
- Welcome to Weird: The Ultimate Warrior/Jake 'The Snake' Roberts Vignettes
- If we're talking about personifications of death this week, I want to say that the Undertaker--the grim reaper's most big and jacked incarnation--scared the shit out of me as a kid. When I was five, to be precise.
- Popcorn Panel: 30 Minutes or Less
- Then there's Danny McBride, who I always find both funny and unsettling — all of his characters are essentially personifications of the worst of American stereotypes. Craig S.
Suggested Web Resources
- Personification is giving human qualities to animals or objects. Example: a smiling moon, a jovial sun.
- personification - definition and examples of personification - figure of
- A figure of speech in which an inanimate object or abstraction is endowed with human qualities or abilities.
- Personification Examples - Examples of Personification
- Personification is the act of attributing human traits and qualities to inanimate objects. Read on and explore some examples of personification.
- Category:Personifications - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Personifications. Subcategories. This category D.
- Anthropomorphic Personification - Television Tropes & Idioms
- The Anthropomorphic Personification trope as used in popular culture, with a list of examples from all media.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.