A selection of articles related to petitionary prayer.
Original articles from our library related to the Petitionary Prayer. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Petitionary Prayer.
- Every Thought is a Prayer
- Psychic power. We use it every day. We cause things to happen; we shape events with our mind. We can do this, because every thought is a prayer. Thoughts are a powerful form of energy. They are very real and very potent. Look for their energy not just in deep...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Blessings Prayer
- As I count my blessings of this past year Through all the laughter and even the tears Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall You were with me through it all Through many Moons, and the bright Sun My life each day has just begun Through the year all nights to end I...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
- The Mysteries of the Rosary Beads
- Traditionally there are 15 Mysteries of the Rosary based on the Roman Catholic customs set by Pope St. Pius V in the 16th century.
Magick >> Rituals
- History of Magick
- I. Early Magick One tradition holds that Witchcraft began more than 35 thousand years ago, when the last great sheets ice began their journey across Europe. Legend holds that small groups of hunters followed the free-running game and bison across the tundra....
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Perpetual Raising: Part 2
- (Part 2 of 5) Every cubic inch of the body constantly radiates our internal state of being to the environment. In return, each one also unceasingly receives psychic inputs, (feelings, thoughts, Intentions, the general state of consciousness of others, etc.)...
Mind >> World Mind
Petitionary Prayer is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Petitionary Prayer books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Rabbi Barry Marks: Prayer: Acknowledging dependence, finding quiet
- Prayer has several different modes –as petition (asking God for something), as praise, and as an expression of thankfulness. It is petitionary prayer in particular that is intellectually most difficult for modern men and women.
- books and culture Of Mouse and Men
- On an evening in 1927, a Midwestern filmmaker desperately scribbled, “God Help us put this thing over—we are sincere and deserve it.” Seldom has a petitionary prayer been answered with such speed and magnanimity. “This thing” was an animated short, ...
- Faith Forum: Prayer vs. meditation
- “Prayer is talking to god. Meditation is listening.” So says author Simon Chokoisky in a “Psychology Today” article.
- Prayer Improves Health
- One commonly under-reported but effective spiritual tool is praying. According to Professor of Psychology Thomas Plante, prayer is a conversation with the sacred, and all of the major religious traditions encourage prayer making it inclusive.
- In debate over gun violence, mocking prayer doesn't help either
- Jesus' famous prayer, the Our Father, is both petitionary and prophetic — he asks God to bring about great change on earth, and then he goes and does all he can to bring about that change.