- Journey into the Mani: Trip to southern Greece leads to exploration of an
- Less than a mile away is the town of Areopolis, named for the god of war because this town is where Petrobey Mavromichalis raised the flag of freedom and, with the call “Victory or death,” united the feuding clans and began the Greek War of Independence.
- 12 people who ruined Greece
- In 1831, he was stabbed in the stomach and shot in the head as he made his way to church by Konstantis and Georgios Mavromichalis.
- Photo essay: Areopoli, birthplace of Greek war of Independence
- A must-see Mani attraction is the ancient market town of Aeropoli, named after the Greek god of war, Ares. Steeped in history, the town was the birthplace of the Greek war of Independence on March 17, 1821.
Petrobey Mavromichalis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Petrobey Mavromichalis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Petrobey Mavromichalis Topics
Related searchesrudyard kipling career as a writer
getter robo story
cooch behar flora and fauna
dyslexia facts and statistics
cobra assault cannon
1550-1600 in fashion