- Edmund de Waal and the Strange Alchemy of Porcelain
- But it is clay of a very special kind: an extremely smooth combination of two minerals, petunse and kaolin, mined separately and mixed together in exactly the right proportions.
- 'The White Road' is an obsessive journey into the world of porcelain
- It requires a very specific blend of kaolin and petunse, rare enough substances, and demands 23 stages of production, but if you do it right, that beauty becomes transcendent.
- 'The White Road' is a gorgeous odyssey into the history of porcelain
- What combination of intuition, skill, talent, and dogged work could have led Chinese potters to the discovery that ground petunse (a stone) combined with kaolin (a clay) heated to 1,300 degrees Celsius could produce a substance with “the whiteness, the ...
- Why we love The Great Pottery Throw Down
- Only in 1768 did the Plymouth apothecary William Cookworthy put together "equal parts of the washed Caulin and Petunse for the composition of the body," and fired Britain's first translucent white ware.
Petunse is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Petunse books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searcheszolpidem abuse
kapil dev unrealized potential
basketball moves hesitation dribble
amir khusro works
goalkeeper ice hockey