Phar Lap Pedigree
A selection of articles related to phar lap pedigree.
Original articles from our library related to the Phar Lap Pedigree. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Phar Lap Pedigree.
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
Phar Lap Pedigree is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Phar Lap Pedigree books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Simon: Haun took 'X Factor' to the nth degree
- Marianna was the author of three books that looked at the size of hearts in racehorses, all revolving around her theory of the X factor, which posited that large hearts were transmitted on the X chromosome, along the dam's side of the pedigree.
- Phar Lap sale catalogue sold at auction to National Museum of Australia for
- Dr Sear said from the catalogue, Sydney-based trainer Harry Telford spotted something special in Phar Lap's pedigree. "In Telford's mind, he had the perfect pedigree for a thoroughbred racehorse," she said.
- Phar Lap rewatched – the mystery demise of Australia's finest race horse
- Like so many great Australian traditions, Melbourne Cup week fuses a number of recreations dear to the national psyche – namely sport, gambling and the consumption of prodigious amounts of alcohol. Every year news stories report garbage-splattered ...
- Breeders step into spotlight as top three horses honored
- The breeders of three of the world's leading sport horses were honored at a ceremony in Switzerland at the weekend, during the CHI Geneva Show. Prizes were awarded by The World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses to honour and celebrate the leading ...
- The Making of a Champion: Runhappy is Trained Like No Other
- Harry Telford had some pretty tough and unusual training methods, too. They never worked well on any of his horses until he got one named Phar Lap. Sometimes it's just not the trainer at all, but the horse.