- Literature and Identity: Who's Afraid of K Sello Duiker?
- We have our modern writers like Sello Duiker, his friend Phaswane Mpe and many names we do not know because the market doesn't want them. So here's the question: why don't we teach these works systematically in our schools? Why is this canon the ...
- Fiction Friday: Excerpt from Phaswane Mpe's Twenty in 20 Short Story “Brooding
- It is the beginning of autumn, the season in which the people of Tiragalong, a tiny village not far from Pietersburg, tend to look younger because of the nourishment they get from their abundant harvest.
- Umlungu, What is Your Place Going to be in the Coming Azania? – David Attwell
- I tried to tell them about younger writers, like Lesego Rampolokeng, Lebo Mashile and Niq Mhlongo, as well as those whose lives had ended too early, Phaswane Mpe and K Sello Duiker.
- Preview of Leon de Kock's Forthcoming Book, Losing the Plot: Crime, Reality
- Leon de Kock's forthcoming book, Losing the Plot: Crime, Reality, and Fiction in Postapartheid Writing (Wits University Press) places South African writing since 1994 under the microscope, comparing it to the literature of the past.
Phaswane Mpe is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Phaswane Mpe books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.