- Step away from your phone: the new rules of conversation
- Why speak face to face when you can put it all in a text? Oliver Burkeman on reviving the lost art of real-time communication. Illustration by Nishant Choksi.
- Is 'yes' an underused word? Absolutely!
- Exchanges such as "thank you" and "you're welcome" are pretty meaningless anyway; they embody what the great linguist Roman Jakobson called the phatic function of language, that is the language we use merely to establish contact with an interlocutor.
- News and issues for equine health professionals
- The arteries, veins, capillaries, and lym-phatics are concentrated in the dermis (deeper layer). While nerve fibers are found abundantly in the dermis, they also extend into the epidermis. Hair follicles have many sensory nerves.
Phatics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Phatics books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searcheswilliam donaldson
aerotrain gm history
pitman shorthand hooks