- Thailand declares war on United States and Britain, Jan. 25, 1942
- The partisans spied for the Allies, contacted some sabotage and helped engineer Phibun's downfall in 1944. The United States viewed Thailand as a puppet of Japan and declined to declare war.
- Subplots in Thailand's submarine setback
- Navy elements had supported Pridi Phanomyong but were defeated by the army supporting Phibun Songkram, who later became premier of Thailand. Since then the navy has experienced only brief periods of prominence, such as during the 1990s. In the ...
- Bangkok blast shrine built to lift a curse
- Writer W. Somerset Maugham even had a suite named after him in the Oriental Hotel (mentioned in the song One Night In Bangkok). Prime minister Phibun Songkhram changed the name of the country from Siam to Thailand in 1938 and there was a mood of ...
- Thailand haunted by the ghost of absolutism
- In April Thailand's military dictatorship lifted the martial law imposed on the country since the coup against the democratically-elected government of Yingluck Shinawatra in May 2014.
- Hellfire Pass: TripAdvisor's top museum in Thailand recounts gruesome history
- In August 1942, Thailand's prime minister Field Marshal Phibun Songkhram signed an agreement with Japan to allow the laying of a single-meter-gauge railway track toward British colonial Burma (now Myanmar). In October 1943, Japan began transporting ...
Phibun Songkram is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Phibun Songkram books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Phibun Songkram Topics
Related searchesanneke van giersbergen biography
aspen cove newfoundland and labrador
kaicho tadashi nakamura
dream symbol perseus