A selection of articles related to philippine folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Philippine Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Philippine Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- So What is a Blue Moon?
- We are not having any Blue Moons this year but the experts say that year 2001 will have an official "Blue Moon" in November. Your geographic location can make a difference to your experience of a Blue Moon. Depending on your longitude you may go...
Astrology >> The Moon
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Philippine Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Philippine Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Philippine Folktales: An Introduction
- the folk story has taken in the Philippine setting: the folktale. But before going any . of all kinds-H.
- Women in Philippine Folktales
- because, scouring Dean Fansler's Finding List of Philippine Folklore as well as Filipino.
- Filipino Legends and Folktales
- I searched in the Index and found Folklore- Philippines, CF94.
- Philippine Folk-Tales
- appeared in the "Journal of American. Folk-Lore" (JAFL), all related to folklore in the Philippines. 1.
- Filipino Folklore S T O R ®
- Dec 7, 2006 FILIPINO FOLKLORE. COLLECTED BY Lucnrm K. RATCLIFF.
Suggested News Resources
- Philippine Fiesta in America 2011 comes to Secaucus Expo Center this weekend
- A Children's Pavilion will be available where kids can make arts and crafts, learn traditional dances, and listen to Philippine folklore. The ultimate goal of the Pavilion will be to inspire cultural pride among young Filipino children, said Mendez.
Suggested Web Resources
- Philippine mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Philippine mythology is derived from Philippine folk literature, which is the traditional oral literature of the Filipino people.
- Philippine Folklore
- Myths, legends of heroes, fairy and folktales, parables, and urban legends.
- An Introduction to Philippine Folklore
- Folklore is usually transmitted by word of mouth. Oral traditions are very common among the indigenous tribes still existent in the Philippines.
- philippine folklore: or the stuff filipino nightmares and fantasy are
- Philippine folklore, as in other cultures, is predominantly about heaven and hell, good and evil. A duality that is present in most things.
- Philippine Folklore Stories by John Maurice Miller - Project Gutenberg
- Title, Philippine Folklore Stories. Language, English. LoC Class, GR: Geography, Anthropology, Recreation: Folklore.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Philippine Folklore Topics
Related searches2003 canberra bushfires aftermath
alternative medicine q
altered beast ports
list of shotgun cartridges
methane reactions of methane
rum origins of rum
list of football soccer clubs georgia