A selection of articles related to philosopher socrates.
Original articles from our library related to the Philosopher Socrates. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Philosopher Socrates.
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Conium maculatum (Poison Hemlock)
- In ancient Greece Poison Hemlock was a regularly used punishment for criminals. In 399 BC the great philosopher Socrates was killed this way; his crime consisted of teaching people to think for themselves - a great evil in old dictatorial Greece. Thanks to...
Remedies >> Remedies C
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- A Cup of Hemlock: Dealing with Conflict in Coven and Congregation
- There have always been those folks who point out our foibles, and make us take an uncomfortable look at our world, as well as those who simply had the misfortune to point out the obvious when it was unwelcome. Then there are troublemakers, folks who go out of...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- What is a Druid?
- According to the New Age Dictionary a Druid is defined as "a member of Celtic priests, poets, healers, and judges in pre-Christian Britain, Ireland, and France." Too the best of our knowledge that is what the Druids were, which implies that they...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Philosopher Socrates is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Philosopher Socrates books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Why Study Philosophy?
- Why Study Philosophy? The ancient Greek philosopher, Socrates, once said that “the unexamined life is not worth living.
- Pre-Socratic Greek Philosophy - thebigview.com
- Pre-Socratic Greek. Philosophy. By Thomas Knierim.
- The Justice of Socrates' Philosopher Kings*
- the Republic -- the conflict between Socrates' city and philosophy -- is merely .
Suggested News Resources
- Groups Calendar
- Socrates Café, a discussion group, gathers to talk about questions in the spirit and style that the philosopher Socrates brought to ancient Greece. The group meets Tuesdays at 7 pm at JoJo's Rise & Wine, 12501 Nicollet Ave.
Suggested Web Resources
- Socrates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Socrates was a classical Greek Athenian philosopher.
- Philosophers : Socrates
- A philosopher of Athens, generally regarded as one of the wisest people of all time.
- Socrates - Who Was Socrates - The Greek Philosopher Socrates
- Socrates was a philosopher of ancient Athens renowned for his wisdom and his death by hemlock poison.
- Socrates - History for Kids!
- Mar 7, 2011 Socrates for Kids - The Greek philosopher Socrates.
- Socrates (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Sep 16, 2005 The philosopher Socrates remains, as he was in his lifetime (469–399 B.C.E.
Philosopher Socrates Topics
Related searchesiroquois beliefs
neverwinter nights gameplay
oldest known alphabet
the call of ktulu